MY 2018 OTR prices

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: MY 2018 OTR prices

Postby badhand » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:30 pm

No. There's no debate. They've lost the ethos, missed the point and jumped the bloody shark.

Fifty grand for a Pony car? Feck off.

They'll probably get Victoria Beckham to design the interior of the MY2020...

Supersolo
Name: Supersolo
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Supersolo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi.

I'm new here, first post.

I'm on the 2018 list at my local dealer and on Friday they asked me to visit and spec my order.

They've since told me they're having difficulty entering my order into the system and I'm awaiting written confirmation of spec and price, before I give them the green light.

I've never owned a V8 and I'm thinking it's probably got to be now or never, in light of the impending electrification of private cars.

I've been monitoring press and public comments in the U.S. over the internet, regarding the 2018 and in general it appears to be a well received update for the 2018 at the product's life cycle, mid point.

There's a few things missing from the spec which seem bizarre or on trend, but in general, I'm looking forward to getting a V8 Mustang, subject to final spec and price.

Ant379
Name: Anthony
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Ant379 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm

badhand wrote:No. There's no debate. They've lost the ethos, missed the point and jumped the bloody shark.

Fifty grand for a Pony car? Feck off.

They'll probably get Victoria Beckham to design the interior of the MY2020...

With that in mind, it is comforting to know with its higher price and less appealing Mustang ethos, when I get one, it will be less common than a Bugatti Veyron. :rock

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Supersolo wrote:Hi.

I'm new here, first post.

I'm on the 2018 list at my local dealer and on Friday they asked me to visit and spec my order.

They've since told me they're having difficulty entering my order into the system and I'm awaiting written confirmation of spec and price, before I give them the green light.

I've never owned a V8 and I'm thinking it's probably got to be now or never, in light of the impending electrification of private cars.

I've been monitoring press and public comments in the U.S. over the internet, regarding the 2018 and in general it appears to be a well received update for the 2018 at the product's life cycle, mid point.

There's a few things missing from the spec which seem bizarre or on trend, but in general, I'm looking forward to getting a V8 Mustang, subject to final spec and price.

Welcome to the forum, Supersolo.

Your reasoning is exactly mine. I’m horrified of all these Duracell cars hitting the road.

Hybrids I can handle, fully electric and soulless electric cars just don’t do it for me.

Once the electric cars are a majority on the roads, I’ll put a million quid bet on that to charge an electric car would still cost £70!

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Welcome aboard Supersolo.

Get a V8 before it's too late.

Hey, that could be a new T-shirt slogan. But it is sound advice. Seriously, nothing stirs the soul like eight cylinders in that particular arrangement. You'll wonder why you didn't before...

And I'm with you Ant379 on the price of a full tank of electrickery.

Supersolo

Postby Supersolo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 am

Hi.

Thanks for the welcome.
:)

It dawned on me recently, what with OEMs such as Volvo announcing something like they would no longer offer cars powered solely by ICE, from 2020? that I'd better get a move on!

Electric cars. I have the impression most charge points are or until recently were FoC.
However, if it hasn't already, I expect that will change as more folk drive EVs.

Thanks to Slowhand99, for posting the specs and price document. I think it's the same document the salesman had on the desk when I visited the dealership on Friday.

The salesman told me he didn't have any literature for me to take away, so I had to spec the car there and then.

I was disappointed the Mustang doesn't come with the quick clear windshield. It's always been one of the best features I've enjoyed on my Fords.
I was also slightly amazed I couldn't even buy a space saver spare wheel, to place into the wheel well, under the boot floor. I was told there simply isn't a wheel available!

Does anyone know how the U.S. performance pack specifications, compare to the U.K. vehicle?
I don't seem to be able to ascertain what we do and don't get on the base UK GT and options offered, compared to what I'm seeing on U.S. Mustangs.

Although the salesman did say the carbon trim for the dash and the twin gauges mounted in the centre of the dash, which I've seen on U.S. cars, won't be available.
Cheers.

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:53 am

Hi, Solo

I expect once EVs have their hold and fuel usage decreases, the Government will need to find revenue from somewhere else. I'll put money on it that EVs won't be as appealing in the future as they are now.

Currently, there is 20% tax on fuels and (I think) 5% on electricity, you can guarantee the VAT on electricity will go up as fuel usage goes down.
You could argue that the EVs are more environmentally friendly. What I want to know is what will the uplift in emissions be to install a whole new electricity grid to cope with the ever expanding electricity requirements & EV's!

Also, what is going to happen with all these batteries that power the cars once they have had their life? Land fill them?

What is quick clear windscreen? Never heard of that before. I use Gtechniq products on my glass. The water just shoots off. You can do a drive without even using the wipers in the rain.

Regarding the wheel, with the reliability of cars and tyres now, they probably think its a waste of time. I got one for the Evoque when I bought it, never used it (touch wood). More often than not, once a tyre gets a puncture, its knackered anyway so a can of expanding form would be preferable for me.

I probably agree with the salesman as to the differences of the US/EU spec. Also, With the currently 2015-17, the wing mirror are ever so lightly shaped differently. The US spec is more rectangular. The EU speck are more triangular. Also, the deck lid, we have that stupid circle with either the GT on or Pony, the US doesn't. It is also clear we get clear rear lights, US have red.

Main things are Carbon Dash and gauges.

Ant

Supersolo

Postby Supersolo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Quick clear is the windshield with an electrical heating element placed within the lamination of the windshield.
Look closely at the windshield in, say, an RS and you'll probably see the fine wiggley lines of the heating element.
I've had quick clear on all my Mondeo and after the snow we've just had, it would be a feature I'd want on my Mustang.
Much better than chiselling ice off, with a scraper, imo.

Seeing as I've heard Ford's future intent for the Mustang is for it to be a new-tech platform/model.
Surely that should include quick clear?

So I've specified the heated steering wheel & heated washer jets, if available.

Last I heard from the dealer, they couldn't enter my car onto the system, but they'd notify me when they can.
So for now I've no written spec or confirmation, regarding my Mustang.

However, from memory, I've gone through Slowhand's document to work up a price.
I believe the £2080 VED is included in the list price of £41095?
Then from what I can recall, I think my order is weighing in at around £46.6k
That includes the custom pack 4, but I'm considering switching to CP2, saving £800 towards a set of 20" rims.

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Ahhhh got you. Heated windscreen in my vocabulary. lol.

When I go downstairs I am going to see if my MY17 Mustang has it. I know it has a switch but might be just the blowers to the windscreen. My Evoque has it.

You're wanting heated window washers? Do you live in Lapland with Santa? :lol:

Heated steering wheel is standard as I have seen.

Yes the £2080 is included (and VED was on MY17). That also contributes to the uplift of the 2018 model.

Trying to figure what I had calculated what you haven't. I want everything apart from the Recaro seats. Mainly because I want my arse air-conditioned in summer and heated when I visit Lapland :lol:

I am toying with stripes / or black roof with either Kona Blue or Lightening Blue. If I don't decide to have any of those, I will go with custom pack 3 otherwise i'll have customer pack 4.

Those wheels on custom pack 1 & 2 are a swine to clean. Even with wheel armour on them. When I do get my GT, I think I will get some black alloys for the winter and have winter tyres on them.

Supersolo

Postby Supersolo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Yeah, I prefer heated seats over the recaros.

Think my spec is:
GT.
M6T
Magna ride
12" tft/LCD instrument cluster
CP4
Ruby red
Rear spoiler - delete
Trunk liner
Warranty extension from 3yrs standard to 5yrs

I'm undecided about the service plan.

The above spec is from memory, which is why I'd prefer a document from Ford confirming spec & price, ahead of the order being "frozen" into the build schedule. Which I'm lead to believe would be around 4 weeks before build??

Return to “News”