Hello from Worcestershire

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
AlfaMale
Name: Chris Young
Year Of Mustang: None

Hello from Worcestershire

Postby AlfaMale » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi Folks, I’m hoping to join the Mustang club and benefited from a test drive of the current V8 model today from my local dealership so I’m in love now :syda

I’m looking to purchase the MY2018 model when it’s released only I have two concerns.

A. The price! I’m expecting an uplift on the current list price but how much by ? The current model / spec I want comes in at £40777.00. Add on £1500 for auto box. I just hope the equivalent MY18 model doesn’t push it too far north of £45k or it will push my budget too much.

B. The 10 speed auto box is it really as good as the hype and would it be the obvious decision over the manual.

On the second query I’m test driving the 6 speed auto next week to give me an idea of whether the auto will make or break the driving experience.

I’d welcome your expert opinions on the above

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: Hello from Worcestershire

Postby badhand » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 am

Welcome aboard.

Current thinking is the 10 speed auto is going to be streets ahead of anything before it. Rave reviews from it in the other vehicles. I'm getting really excited about getting hold of one for my project '69.

But current thinking about price is probably well north of your £45K budget. Even with a manual....

slowhand99
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby slowhand99 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 am

When you test drive the auto spend some time with 'S' selected on the box and 'Sport+' selected on the modes (unless it's raining!). this will give you a feel of how responsive the box can be (and experience the automatic throttle blips on down change). Stay in the same mode and then use the paddle shifts (it will stay in the gear you select until you change, except if you forget and come to a halt without bringing it down to first). This will give you more of a feel as what it can do. Many people make the mistake of just test driving the auto in 'D' and 'Normal' mode and then complain it's sluggish - they are missing out. Bear in mind that the box will do a certain amount of learning of your driving style but probably not in the time you have it for a test.
Equally - if the roads are slippy, give 'wet/snow' mode a try. It might reassure you as to the driveability/usability of all that torque when the going gets tough.
Last edited by slowhand99 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlfaMale
Name: Chris Young
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby AlfaMale » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Thank both, really helpful responses. Looking forward to testing the auto now.

I do a lot of slow moving commuting miles in heavy traffic hence the auto, but I want it to be fun when I finally escape the big city and out in to the country B roads !

Return to “Welcome”