European standard fog light indicator

Be as specific as possible, include as much information as possible and be patient for advice. Someone will be along soon with the answer...
Teealb
Name: Al Boyle
Year Of Mustang: 2013

European standard fog light indicator

Postby Teealb » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi folks. I'm hoping at least one of you will have come across this problem and found a solution. I own a 2013 S197 coupe and recently fitted Raxiom front fog lights. Now, I wired them into the rotary light switch so that I could select the fog lights with that switch - it has a front fog light indicator light incorporated. Unfortunately it just failed the TÜV (I live in Germany) as the fr fog lt indicator illuminates orange and not green. I really hoped to find that there was a Ford light switch out there somewhere which had the same fit, same functions, but a green fr fog lt indicator. Haven't managed to find one yet. Can anyone please help me with this at all? Many thanks. :?:

donkey_power
Name: Jon
Year Of Mustang: 2006

Re: European standard fog light indicator

Postby donkey_power » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Do they sell the 2015+ mustangs in germany? They would have to be legal there wouldn't they?

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 pm

donkey_power wrote:Do they sell the 2015+ mustangs in germany? They would have to be legal there wouldn't they?

Ford do... But not for green indicators. The S550 indicators AREN'T in the fogs though.

Teealb

Postby Teealb » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:38 pm

May have misled a few of you. I'm talking about the indicator which shows you have your front fog lights switched on. In Europe apparently this has to be green. The US Ford switch uses an amber indicator within it. I hope this is clear. By the way, looked at the 2015+ set up and it isn't swappable as far as I can see.

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Teealb wrote:May have misled a few of you. I'm talking about the indicator which shows you have your front fog lights switched on. In Europe apparently this has to be green. The US Ford switch uses an amber indicator within it. I hope this is clear. By the way, looked at the 2015+ set up and it isn't swappable as far as I can see.

Ah so the dashboard light?

Teealb

Postby Teealb » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 am

Yes - the one located on the rotary light switch (if you have the auto- headlight option). 8-)

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 am

Teealb wrote:Yes - the one located on the rotary light switch (if you have the auto- headlight option). 8-)

Take dash apart, find bulb, replace with righ colour bulb ;)?

Return to “Technical”