Cat back

Be as specific as possible, include as much information as possible and be patient for advice. Someone will be along soon with the answer...
Forum rules
Paddy
Name: Paddy
Year Of Mustang: 1965

Cat back

Postby Paddy » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 pm

So my 2017 car needs some tweaking, no point in spending £1,000’s as it’s not my main focus so my list is

1” lowered suspension
Cold air intake
Gas bonnet struts
Cat back “loud” exhaust (mot safe)

My main focus has to be the exhaust note, it’s just not right, Ford do a cat back exhausts but I’m told Borla are better.

What’s my best option?

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: Cat back

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 am

Honestly, your best bet is to get to some meets and hear different ones; and replicate this. Youtube videos, and videos in general do nothing for the sound. Ask people about drone whilst driving etc.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Paddy wrote:My main focus has to be the exhaust note, it’s just not right, Ford do a cat back exhausts but I’m told Borla are better.

What’s my best option?

Matter of taste. I've heard some bloody terrible dins on S550s that the owners were really proud of.

If it were me, I'd be checking out the Ford Performance by Borla Sport Cat-Back. With Black Tips... :D

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed May 02, 2018 9:51 pm

badhand wrote:
Paddy wrote:My main focus has to be the exhaust note, it’s just not right, Ford do a cat back exhausts but I’m told Borla are better.

What’s my best option?

Matter of taste. I've heard some bloody terrible dins on S550s that the owners were really proud of.

If it were me, I'd be checking out the Ford Performance by Borla Sport Cat-Back. With Black Tips... :D

or borla sport catback because ford whack a markup on it for the same thing.

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 pm

I'd pay the extra for the Ford logo :)

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 pm

I was at the Donington Classic today and got a number of guys to fire their engines up (have to say it surprises me that people will fire up a cold engine and give it the beans so others can hear it, rather than run the motorr to let it warm up first) and I think I like the Bora sport with chrome tips (I have a custom pack with nickel wheels and chrome window surrounds)

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Well plans have changed a little, meant to pick up my Caterham 7 from mot On Saturday and it failed on 2 tyres having cracks on the inner side walls so took the Stang (2017) to Donington but had no club pass

Then today went to my local wyvale garden centre in the Stang to buy some plants for the greenhouse, came out to a bit of a cluster of people looking at my car that had been hit by a delivering truck pretty sure is a write off

Waited 2 hours for recovery and the wrecker driver did more damage not intirely his fault as the front near wheel was already folded under before he dragged it up the ramp, but a dolly would have been a good idea.

So tomorrow I’m looking to buy a new GT with custom pack preferably black if not then met grey.

Planning to have ford lowered suspension, sports exhaust and brace strut fitted before I collect and no more Wyvale trips, hoping the gap insurance doesn’t turn into a nightmare or the 7 may have to go.

Just sat on the patio with a beer and swmbo telling me to stop swearing, fuck that

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Jeez what a fuck! Feel for you mate...

cati
Name: Cati
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby cati » Mon May 07, 2018 7:37 pm

don't worry about gap it is there problem, get you insurance company to give you a equal car to replace it while it is away.

i got a girl's car for a week when some knob rear ended me a couple of years back

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Cati,

It won’t be back,, hit on the off side front and and the near side front folded under. Got to be dead

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Tue May 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Paddy wrote:Well plans have changed a little, meant to pick up my Caterham 7 from mot On Saturday and it failed on 2 tyres having cracks on the inner side walls so took the Stang (2017) to Donington but had no club pass

Then today went to my local wyvale garden centre in the Stang to buy some plants for the greenhouse, came out to a bit of a cluster of people looking at my car that had been hit by a delivering truck pretty sure is a write off

Waited 2 hours for recovery and the wrecker driver did more damage not intirely his fault as the front near wheel was already folded under before he dragged it up the ramp, but a dolly would have been a good idea.

So tomorrow I’m looking to buy a new GT with custom pack preferably black if not then met grey.

Planning to have ford lowered suspension, sports exhaust and brace strut fitted before I collect and no more Wyvale trips, hoping the gap insurance doesn’t turn into a nightmare or the 7 may have to go.

Just sat on the patio with a beer and swmbo telling me to stop swearing, fuck that

I can't say anything that'll make you feel better, except, YOU WERE AT WYVALE?! You're not the mustang i keep going past near shenstone areyou?!

cati
Name: Cati
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby cati » Tue May 08, 2018 8:02 pm

it think kept is more appropriate than keep....

Yes you are not going to get this one back.... but the next one will be along and you can enjoy some top car action on the insurance dollar

Paddy

Postby Paddy » Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi Manders,

No that’s not me, I NEVER go to Wyvale but having spent 2 days doing boys stuff was made to spend a day doing home stuff.

Return to “Technical”