Tail Happy Mustang

Be as specific as possible, include as much information as possible and be patient for advice. Someone will be along soon with the answer...
Forum rules
DannyShaw
Name: Daniel Shaw
Year Of Mustang: 1988

Tail Happy Mustang

Postby DannyShaw » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi guys, new owner of a V8 2017 mustang.

I seem to be getting massive over steer with my mustang driving round corners, even at like 5-10 mph, the traction just seems to be terrible. The tyres seem to good, brand new, good depth, PSI is at 33, I have tried the car in all 4 modes but I am in fear of spinning this car out just by simply turning round a corner. I'm not putting my foot down or anything, just driving the car quite normal.

thanks for reading and apologies for the vague post, i'm not tech savvy when it comes to cars i'm afraid :?

slowhand99
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: Tail Happy Mustang

Postby slowhand99 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm

It will do this when cold and/or wet. Once the P Zeros warm up they are fine. If you leave your dash on tyre pressure read out you'll see when they have warmed up by the pressure increase. No increase = no temp= no grip. They are summer tyres. Also calibrate your right foot!! ;)

DannyShaw
Name: Daniel Shaw
Year Of Mustang: 1988

Postby DannyShaw » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

slowhand99 wrote:It will do this when cold and/or wet. Once the P Zeros warm up they are fine. If you leave your dash on tyre pressure read out you'll see when they have warmed up by the pressure increase. No increase = no temp= no grip. They are summer tyres. Also calibrate your right foot!! ;)

interesting, it does seem to be when i first start the car so the tyres are cold.

The weather has been bad recently but I have experienced this in recent warm weather where the road was dry and still have the same issue. I will chalk it up to the tyres being cold and I will keep an eye on that dash you had mentioned, thanks

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Slowhand is right.

Cold P-Shittos and a GT = Fun time! :lol:

cati
Name: Cati
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby cati » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:29 pm

DannyShaw wrote:Hi guys, new owner of a V8 2017 mustang.

I seem to be getting massive over steer with my mustang driving round corners, even at like 5-10 mph, the traction just seems to be terrible. The tyres seem to good, brand new, good depth, PSI is at 33, I have tried the car in all 4 modes but I am in fear of spinning this car out just by simply turning round a corner. I'm not putting my foot down or anything, just driving the car quite normal.

thanks for reading and apologies for the vague post, i'm not tech savvy when it comes to cars i'm afraid :?

they are meant to do that... learn to modulate right foot and buy some decent rubber. keep the Zeros for learning car control or arsing about

Return to “Technical”