S550 tail light removal

Be as specific as possible, include as much information as possible and be patient for advice. Someone will be along soon with the answer...
Harley103
Name: Alex
Year Of Mustang: 2015

S550 tail light removal

Postby Harley103 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 am

Hi folks, need to take my tail lights out to send off to fortis.

Anyone got the lo down on how to remove the lights? Is it a rear bumper removal job?

Luckily done the front sequential DRLs myself but fortis seem to have the monopoly on the rear components, so I've got to go with the flow on this one

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: S550 tail light removal

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Hey,

Where are you based, if you want pop over i'll show you, otherwise here's a quick guide.

1) Remove stuff from boot
2) Remove liner from the Tyre kit
3) Remove the hand screwed black nuts, there's 4 I think 2 each side
4) Remove the plastic trim (Pulls towards the car then up and out
5) remove the 7mm bolts 3 each side (use a spanner or wrench, or if you have a deep dive socket that'll work.. if neither, use penguin grips)
6) the 7mm bolts are hidden the final ones are closest to the rear wing
7) Unplug the grey connector
8) next to the tail lights there's a grey rounded triangle, pull there first to prize off the clips
9) pull light out, there will be a rubber bung weather seal that the lights go through, this will need to be pulled out.
10) bingo you're lightless.

If you need any help, I'm Steve Mander on FB, add me and video chat me and i'll walk you through it all as I've done it a couple of times now. It's a really easy process, and I did it at a service station with Sand from Fortis Auto Design when he delivered me my lights lol!

Harley103
Name: Alex
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby Harley103 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Perhaps I should have looked before I posted this thread. I managed to get the one light out without prior instruction in 6 minutes.

Thanks for the quick input through Manders. Interestingly the bolts are 10mm on mine.

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Harley103 wrote:Perhaps I should have looked before I posted this thread. I managed to get the one light out without prior instruction in 6 minutes.

Thanks for the quick input through Manders. Interestingly the bolts are 10mm on mine.

odd! well got there in the end!!

Return to “Technical”