New Battery

Be as specific as possible, include as much information as possible and be patient for advice. Someone will be along soon with the answer...
Forum rules
sarge
Name: Geoff
Year Of Mustang: 1965

New Battery

Postby sarge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Finally had to replace my battery today - not too bad given that its the original battery & its a 2005 car ! I have had a battery conditioner on it for the past 7 years which has helped obviously , but as the car has hardly moved a wheel for the past year whilst we have moved house etc , I think that it has suffered from not being used. It had just started to be slightly hesitant when firing up & as we are off to France soon I needed it to be reliable,
Anyway my point is that after having a chat with my friendly local Ford dealer, they came up with a direct replacement - part no 1672942 - A7D2- This is apparently a Transit battery, but has the same Cold Cranking amps (590) & has exactly the same physical dimensions.
(It is made by Varta) - Hope this is of interest - Price not too bad either .

scottythesparky
Name: Scot Semple
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Re: New Battery

Postby scottythesparky » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 am

Good one m8..how much was it? 8-)

grahamngillian
Name: Graham
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Re: New Battery

Postby grahamngillian » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

sarge wrote:Finally had to replace my battery today - not too bad given that its the original battery & its a 2005 car ! I have had a battery conditioner on it for the past 7 years which has helped obviously , but as the car has hardly moved a wheel for the past year whilst we have moved house etc , I think that it has suffered from not being used.

Ditto, although its an 07, went out yesterday morning to go to a show and...........nothing. 100% dead.
Will put it back on the charger tonight in the hope it was something left on but if not then, hello new battery.

Return to “Technical”