2018 Mustang @ The Geneva Show

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
Paddy
Name: Paddy
Year Of Mustang: 1965

2018 Mustang @ The Geneva Show

Postby Paddy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 am

Got to see the 2018 Mustangs last week.

Firstly before seeing it in the flesh I wasn’t taken by the Bullitt, but now I want one. The green is so much better than it looks on a screen.
In Switzerland you can order now for 2019 delivery at only 60,000 CHf (a tad over £45k) so it will be interesting to see the UK price.

The new electronic dash just doesn’t work for me (because I’m old and simple maybe) and I wasn’t as pleased with the Recaro seats as I expected to be but they are good. Otherwise the changes are subtle.

I was back at the show yesterday when access to the cars was harder (joe public everywhere) and what I found interesting was how few people seemed interested in the Bullitt and so many more straining to get at the rag top. Also no under hood access was allowed.

They had a lovely 67 Bullitt on the stand which I have offered to help load out at the pull down, as long as it’s onto our truck (they can have one of my clients cars in exchange)

One interesting point on the 2018 models, they have sensors and what looks like a camera in a housing by the rear view mirror, it’s to help run the Nanny system that tells you when your too close to the car in front or that there’s a person in the way etc. But I’m told you can record from that camera also as a dash cam. Does anyone know if that is the case as the salesman couldn’t give me any more details.

It’s unlikely that the link to photos I’ve loaded onto Dropbox will work but here’s trying

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/amelfshwuwbieo3/AABhpX5n3Olt-Rotm-w3UVLfa?dl=0

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: 2018 Mustang @ The Geneva Show

Postby badhand » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Yeah they work, but not selling it to me! :lol:

Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Re: 2018 Mustang @ The Geneva Show

Postby Twin Turbo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Can't believe I STILL haven't seen an '18 in the metal. As soon as a local dealership has one, I'm off!

Nice piccies, BTW :)

Return to “General Discussion”