MY2018 front end

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
Flatrock
Name: Gary Sedgwick
Year Of Mustang: None

MY2018 front end

Postby Flatrock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I'm trying to be neutral but I'm really not keen the more pictures I see the more I don't like it!
It seems a step away from a mustang

mazpaz
Name: Marek
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: MY2018 front end

Postby mazpaz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Totally agree, it just looks squashed. I am sure there will be others that will love it. Ford doing what they have always done with Mustangs, tweak them when it does not need done, personal favourite of mine 1969 fastback twin headlamps looks great. 1970 reduce to one pair why I don’t know. I guess it will just make the
early build cars more diserable in later years.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:58 pm

mazpaz wrote:Totally agree, it just looks squashed. I am sure there will be others that will love it. Ford doing what they have always done with Mustangs, tweak them when it does not need done, personal favourite of mine 1969 fastback twin headlamps looks great. 1970 reduce to one pair why I don’t know. I guess it will just make the
early build cars more diserable in later years.

I agree. Mustang design absolutely peaks in '69, then wobbles a bit 'til '73. It then totally drops off the cliff in 74 where it enters the void til it finds its mojo again in 2005 and starts getting better and better until 2015 when they fuck it all up again and stick a steering wheel on the wrong side. ;)

Lt Bullitt
Name: Ivon Scott
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Lt Bullitt » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Seems to be predominantly due to airflow reasons as much as anything, stops the front end from wanting to wander at speed. I actually prefer it having seen the difference a number of times and like any face-lift changes there`s tweaks that take some getting used to, another thing positive for me personally is getting rid of the centre lump in the bonnet which is a big improvement on the view from the seats as to where you`re heading.

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am

Lt Bullitt wrote:Seems to be predominantly due to airflow reasons as much as anything, stops the front end from wanting to wander at speed. I actually prefer it having seen the difference a number of times and like any face-lift changes there`s tweaks that take some getting used to, another thing positive for me personally is getting rid of the centre lump in the bonnet which is a big improvement on the view from the seats as to where you`re heading.

I like to view a gigantic front hood with power lines and bulges that shout "get the fk out my way slow cars" :rock :rock :rock

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Lt Bullitt wrote:Seems to be predominantly due to airflow reasons as much as anything, stops the front end from wanting to wander at speed. I actually prefer it having seen the difference a number of times and like any face-lift changes there`s tweaks that take some getting used to, another thing positive for me personally is getting rid of the centre lump in the bonnet which is a big improvement on the view from the seats as to where you`re heading.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with airflow or increased vision. It's just a mid-run external tweak to signify something has changed to justify the hike in price.

I'm with Mandy for once and am all for a massive, manly, bulging, view-impairing front end on my 'Stang. Can't see why they didn't exaggerate those sort of features instead of slimming them down.

I reckon they've gone soft. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”