Pirelli P Zero Vs Michelin MPS4

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
Ant379
Name: Anthony
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Pirelli P Zero Vs Michelin MPS4

Postby Ant379 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Probably been raised in the past but here goes.

After changing my Pirelli P Zeros after 11k miles, I now have Michelin MPS4 on.

What can I say! Wow, the car sticks like sh!t it's true what people have said before now. It's amazing.

I can't kick the ass end out anymore with they same driving as I did before and the car doesn't wheel spin.
I also noticed that going around the same round about on the way home from work, I used to slip outwards - not anymore.

One thing I have noticed that I think the Pirellis offered and that is the visual look of the car. The Pirellis just looked right. The Michelins just look chunky and as though they are off road tires.
Has anyone thought the same ?

I have noticed the tires protrude out from the wheels. This is a good thing as it will protect the wheel but they just don't look as sexy as pirellis

A

F1gmw
Name: George

Re: Pirelli P Zero Vs Michelin MPS4

Postby F1gmw » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Ant379 wrote:Probably been raised in the past but here goes.

After changing my Pirelli P Zeros after 11k miles, I now have Michelin MPS4 on.

What can I say! Wow, the car sticks like sh!t it's true what people have said before now. It's amazing.

I can't kick the ass end out anymore with they same driving as I did before and the car doesn't wheel spin.
I also noticed that going around the same round about on the way home from work, I used to slip outwards - not anymore.

One thing I have noticed that I think the Pirellis offered and that is the visual look of the car. The Pirellis just looked right. The Michelins just look chunky and as though they are off road tires.
Has anyone thought the same ?

I have noticed the tires protrude out from the wheels. This is a good thing as it will protect the wheel but they just don't look as sexy as pirellis

A

i have tried a car with the michelins and is a lot better, but didn't seem to change the look that much but to be fair i wasn't early looking at that, my friend Steve he has pilot sport cups and they are brilliant but with british weather might not be something you want all the time.

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Bloody hell. They are almost slicks. Surprised they are road legal.

The look was something I instantly noticed. Maybe they will look a bit better with a bit of tire lipstick on them. I'll see when it next stops raining.

F1gmw
Name: George

Postby F1gmw » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Ant379 wrote:Bloody hell. They are almost slicks. Surprised they are road legal.

The look was something I instantly noticed. Maybe they will look a bit better with a bit of tire lipstick on them. I'll see when it next stops raining.

Yeah they are border line legal along with the Yokohama's you can get, but i think my new set of tyres for then new wheels i will look at the look compared to the pirellis but not sure it will count as new wheels are 20 in not 19's

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:14 am

There is definitely a difference.

Pirellis are almost flush with the wheel, the Michelins protrude from the wheel out (protecting the alloy against light kerbing). Its about 7mm.

Not a bad thing, just different and they just look meaty.

Again, today, where I was going around a dog leg while joining a motorway, with the pirellis, you cant 'floor it', but with the Michelins, you can.

Return to “General Discussion”