Square One

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
GREAT WHITE
Name: Allan
Year Of Mustang: None

Square One

Postby GREAT WHITE » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:06 am

That's where I'm starting from now so in the early throws of reading reviews and looking for tips on buying a Mustang. Just some questions if you can help please?

My nearest dealer is Polar Ford Warrington. Has anyone on here managed to get any extras out of their dealer at no extra cost when buying their car? There are quite a few Mustangs driving around Warrington so I'm hoping someone on this forum has used Warrington and can give me the benefit of their experience?

I read on one of the threads that Ford make no money on importing these cars and therfore not interested unless you purchase on HP. So I take it these cars are not priced up or have a hold back percentage on them? Just wondering, with the £2000 tax that's been added to the price if anyone has manged to barter a deal?

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the North West area that they have used? Liverpool/Manchester radius. I did read that one person was not happy with Warrington.

Just interested how your deals went, what to look out for and any tips you can suggest please before I go in like a lamb to the slaughter?

Thank you in advance.

Allan

GazDavies
Name: Gareth Davies

Re: Square One

Postby GazDavies » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 am

Allan,

I used Trust Ford in Warrington. My experience overall wasn't great however on reflection, much of that was down to my own circumstances. I got some incorrect information from them which there should be no excuse for but with a quick email to Mustang@ford.com I was given the correct info and could the effectively bypass my dealer whenever I wanted an update. The car arrived with damage to the splitter (not the dealers fault) and they replaced the whole bumper within 48hrs. From what I have read, very good mustang dealers are few and far between so I would say choose the closest to you and prepare to receive a poor service until the car arrives, which makes it all worth the hassle.

I wouldn't bother even trying to get a discount to be honest, I did and got absolutely nowhere. They even specify how much fuel it will arrive with, that is how tight the dealers margins are. The dealer doest have any room to give a deal unfortunately on new cars, although if they have a cancelled order that you like it could be worth a try as this will have been ordered before the price went up.

Good luck with the purchase!

Garvin
Name: Garvin
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Garvin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm feeling pleased now - mine came with a full tank of fuel. It also came with a set of overmats, are these standard or a freebie?

GazDavies
Name: Gareth Davies

Postby GazDavies » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 pm

I got mats too so I guess they are a freebie.

GREAT WHITE

Postby GREAT WHITE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 am

Thanks for the replies. Just gives me a bit of insight into what is ahead. Looks like they drive a hard bargain lol.

Dwaine dibbley
Name: Colin

Postby Dwaine dibbley » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 am

I got mine from TrustFord Warrington a month ago.

No discount, all I could get was a tank of fuel, they come as standard with front mats.

Dealer was OK, updates etc, no real complaints, but more accurate ETA info was available from Karen at Ford. Car was delivered perfect, all requests carried out e.g not drilling bumpers. Just had mine back into the body shop to have the underseal sorted out. Very pleased with the hassle free attitude at body shop, immediate approval and work completed the following week +++

Would suggest what someone else has already mentioned, choose the nearest dealer, if there are any problems at collection etc, and you have to perhaps go back a few times, how much in time and fuel will it cost you?

Dwaine dibbley
Name: Colin

Postby Dwaine dibbley » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:38 am

Forgot to add on my last post that although I was satisfied with the dealer, the overall impression of the "Ford" experience left me cold, difficult to put into words. I didn't expect red carpet and dancing girls, but this is the premium Ford product after all.

The good thing is though, as soon as you drive the car, it's all forgotten!

GREAT WHITE

Postby GREAT WHITE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm

When I have called in at Warrington I've noticed that the Mustangs that were waiting to be collected had rear parking sensors. I didn't think they came part of the package if someone can update me on that please? Do the rear sensors come as standard?

I was planning on trying to get the front sensors fitted as a freebie. They did it for me for our two Fiestas that we bought new in 2010 so I thought I would try and get that out of them as a bargaining chip. Yeah good luck I hear you say. :lol:

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm

GREAT WHITE wrote:When I have called in at Warrington I've noticed that the Mustangs that were waiting to be collected had rear parking sensors. I didn't think they came part of the package if someone can update me on that please? Do the rear sensors come as standard?

I was planning on trying to get the front sensors fitted as a freebie. They did it for me for our two Fiestas that we bought new in 2010 so I thought I would try and get that out of them as a bargaining chip. Yeah good luck I hear you say. :lol:

sensors are a paid addition. They do all however come with the reverse camera.

slowhand99
Name: Ben

Postby slowhand99 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Go with TrustFord as they are owned directly by Ford. Ford UK MD gives out his email and is on the forums so you stand a better chance of fixing issues with him, or the threat of him, in the loop.

Flatrock
Name: Gary Sedgwick

Postby Flatrock » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Front sensors is not an option I'm afraid and rear ones are about £200
Because my car was three weeks overdue I went absolutely ape shit with them
They gave me a key ring
Good luck getting anything else

GREAT WHITE

Postby GREAT WHITE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:31 pm

:lol: a keyring..... Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see what some customers get.

Anyway if it is of any interest Bullitt has just started on ITV4, came on at 2105 so if you are interested in watching the McQueen Mustang get tuned in. 1968 film... I was 1 years of age when this was made. :lol:

ba1rd
Name: Mark

Postby ba1rd » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 am

Was away all last week so a bit late to this thread, Like others have said, you pay list price on these cars - along with the Focus RS I believe.

I got a full tank of petrol, diamondbrite paint treatment (glorified wax, goign to get a full detial with ceramic coating soon) and first service included. Not like the diamondbrite or service costs the dealer much, but nice to get something.

This was from TrustFord with no leasing/finance taken, he was aware I had also taken a testdrive at another dealership -one of them had the ecoboost, the other had the 5l and I wanted a drive in both before deciding.

Return to “General Discussion”