Zeebrugge to Southampton

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
Adam23
Name: Adam
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Zeebrugge to Southampton

Postby Adam23 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Evening all'
Anyone know if the same boat takes a mustang to Southampton as the one that brought it from the USA. As yet again I'm getting conflicting messages. It getting beyond a joke now, just how little the dealership knows about the order process :evil:

Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Re: Zeebrugge to Southampton

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:37 pm

No idea I'm afraid. Mine went from Zeebrugge to Liverpool.

Flatrock
Name: Gary Sedgwick
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Flatrock » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Would be unlikely as the boat will most probably heading off elsewhere asap
It's not going to hang around in Belgium any longer than it has to

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 pm

The WWL track n trace site says "delivered from Zeebrugge" and Tamesis (Original carrier) is in Southampton so my confusion continues

Chillicat
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Postby Chillicat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Mine was on the Tamesis too. My understanding is that Tamesis offloaded our Mustangs (and others) in Zeebrugge, our Stangs get undersealed and the get loaded onto another vessel for transport to Southampton. I don't know how long this takes and unsurprisingly nor does my dealer who, despite being Europe's largest Ford store apparently, still seems to find the Mustang delivery process a surprise. Frankly I'm past caring!

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:28 am

Chillicat wrote:Mine was on the Tamesis too. My understanding is that Tamesis offloaded our Mustangs (and others) in Zeebrugge, our Stangs get undersealed and the get loaded onto another vessel for transport to Southampton. I don't know how long this takes and unsurprisingly nor does my dealer who, despite being Europe's largest Ford store apparently, still seems to find the Mustang delivery process a surprise. Frankly I'm past caring!

I'm starting to realise why the mustangs are so relatively cheap (compared to European equivalents), it's because ford aren't paying their staff for selling mustangs hence why they don't seem to care! A friend of mine has ordered a Fiesta st and she's had a weekly update since placing her order! Now I'd like that treatment considering the 40k plus I'm about to pay them! Also WWL shipping need to address there wording, as "Delivered From Zeebrugge" on track and trace apparently means "arrived in Zeebrugge". So according to Karren (mustang@ford.com). This would mean the mustang arrived in Zeebrugge aboard the Tamesis on 08/06, the problem I have is Tamesis wasn't in Zeebrugge on 08/06, it was in Southampton. #getitsorted.

Chillicat
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Postby Chillicat » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:37 pm

According to the Marine Traffic site Tamesis arrived in Zeebrugge on 1st June which I think is when our cars were unloaded. You're spot on about Ford not caring about Mustang sales, I've bought a Kuga and Fiesta from the same dealer but different branch (cos you can only go to a Ford Store where staff are specially trained in Mustangs!!) and both times got a proper test drive, they gave me 48hrs with the Kuga, instead of the poxy 5 mile drive in the Mustang. Maybe margins are really tight and they don't earn as much from the sales?

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Chillicat wrote:According to the Marine Traffic site Tamesis arrived in Zeebrugge on 1st June which I think is when our cars were unloaded. You're spot on about Ford not caring about Mustang sales, I've bought a Kuga and Fiesta from the same dealer but different branch (cos you can only go to a Ford Store where staff are specially trained in Mustangs!!) and both times got a proper test drive, they gave me 48hrs with the Kuga, instead of the poxy 5 mile drive in the Mustang. Maybe margins are really tight and they don't earn as much from the sales?

It's such a shame, they had a golden opportunity to shine and prove you can buy more than an everyday car from your local Ford dealership. Yet somehow I feel like the shine has been taken of the sale and the excitement has been replaced with uncertainty. I'm sure they're doing what they can but I'm sorry when buying such an iconic car it's just not good enough!

slowhand99
Name: Ben

Postby slowhand99 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:39 am

Unless they sell you finance they make next to nothing compared to the rest of the range, hence no discounts, deals etc. They have the same information channels that we have though via Karen, Stacey, Deysha etc so a dealer that sits back looking at Vista saying "computer says no" isn't working hard enough. That said, I tried to buy a new Audi from two separate dealers. Couldn't get the time of day when they found out I was paying in full. It's down to the individual dealer or salesman. The guy I placed my Mustang order with was brilliant (that's why he got the order). Then it was handed over to their 'Mustang guy' who was useless.

Return to “General Discussion”