Getting impatient

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Adam23
Name: Adam
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Getting impatient

Postby Adam23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 pm

How has everyone else copped with the waiting? I know the car should have been built on 12/04/17, I've emailed Karren and Stacey for a vin number (no reply I understand their very busy) I'd love to know what boat she'll be on and when she'll depart Baltimore.

Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Re: Getting impatient

Postby Rooster » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm the same. Karen/Stacy have given me my VIN number (took 2 emails, first one was never answered) and said it was due to leave Flat Rock on Monday 10 Apr to begin its trip to Baltimore. They said they would update me on its progress so I'm hoping to hear something next week. At least it's way ahead of the dealer delivery date of 13 Nov! It's starting to get exciting and feel real now but I'm really looking forward to seeing it getting a ship assigned to it.

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm the same, thankful that my gt will arrive well before the dealers estimate of October/November. However the dealer has stated that they are unaware if my build date or eta, yet Karren and Stacey gave me a build date and told me I'd get a vin 5 days before build date. Now the build date has been and gone I'm left somewhat in limbo not having any idea what's actually going on. Personally I feel that purchasing a new mustang is a pretty big deal and anyone buying one should be made to feel "special", after all we are paying their wages.

Bluestang
Name: Bill

Postby Bluestang » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Mine was born Easter Monday last year, mustn't be a Bank Holiday there. Caught the mv Fedora on 11th May. Zeebrugge 6 days later. Somebody threw half a tin of thin black paint over the wheels and exhaust,(understated underseal) then it arrived at Liverpool docks on 10th June. I took delivery on 23rd June, Brexit day, when petrol went up by 4 pence a litre, good timing. Hope this helps. dealers always err on the side of later than sooner. Keep tracking it though, I actually told Bristol Street my car was at the UK docks which was a surprise to them

IanLondon
Name: Ian

Postby IanLondon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Evening people

I am in the same queue but have had a good experience to date. Karen and Stacey have provided the VIN, at first time of asking, and using that I now have the "window sticker" which gives a build date of 19th April. All the steps in the post "Detailed Order Process" have been spot on so far.

My dealer has advised a collection of end June - which again sounds about right.

Hopefully your car is coming over on the same boat and your dealer is as clued in as mine appears to be.

Good luck

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:12 am

Got a quick update from Karen this morning. My car left Flat Rock last week enroute to Baltimore and she'll update once it's been assigned a ship. How long do you think it'll be now to delivery?

ba1rd
Name: Mark

Postby ba1rd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Just as a rough guide to the current timings - my car was built in Feb (build date 14th Feb, Gate released on 28th) and has just been assigned a ship today - Talisman. ETD 21/4/17, ETA in ZEEBRUGGE is 1/5/17. Last update my dealer gave me was that he is expecting to have it week ending 27th May so that still seems to be achievable if the rest of the steps go smooth enough.

The 7 weeks between gate release and getting on the boat seems a bit extreme so hopefully you fare better than I did in that regard.

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Finally got my vin and according to cotusb.ford.com 23 day until dealership delivery :rock

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 pm

ba1rd wrote:Just as a rough guide to the current timings - my car was built in Feb (build date 14th Feb, Gate released on 28th) and has just been assigned a ship today - Talisman. ETD 21/4/17, ETA in ZEEBRUGGE is 1/5/17. Last update my dealer gave me was that he is expecting to have it week ending 27th May so that still seems to be achievable if the rest of the steps go smooth enough.

The 7 weeks between gate release and getting on the boat seems a bit extreme so hopefully you fare better than I did in that regard.

7 weeks does seem excessive! I can only hope it manages to to bag a place on a boat that's leaving soon. I checked the positions of the Tijuca and Fedora last night. Fedora was Australia way and Tijuca was at Panama.

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Tijuca is on route to New Zealand according to vessel tracker. Considering cotusb.ford is saying mine will arrive at the dealer in 23days I'm struggling to find an wwl boat close enough to Baltimore to prove that theory lol

Flatrock
Name: Gary Sedgwick

Postby Flatrock » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Mines been in Southampton for 3 weeks now!

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 pm

cotus shows mine as in transit with a delivery date of 27 Apr. I won't hold my breath. :D

ba1rd
Name: Mark

Postby ba1rd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 am

Adam23 wrote:Tijuca is on route to New Zealand according to vessel tracker. Considering cotusb.ford is saying mine will arrive at the dealer in 23days I'm struggling to find an wwl boat close enough to Baltimore to prove that theory lol

As I said, Talisman is what mine is booked on, should arrive in Baltimore today and depart for Europe tomorrow.

Garvin
Name: Garvin

Postby Garvin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 am

Adam23 wrote:Tijuca is on route to New Zealand according to vessel tracker. Considering cotusb.ford is saying mine will arrive at the dealer in 23days I'm struggling to find an wwl boat close enough to Baltimore to prove that theory lol

I'm afraid you need to ignore the dealer delivery date on cotusb as that appears to be the estimate for a dealer in the US. Now you have a VIN you will have to determine the build date. After that it can take a few weeks to be shipped to Baltimore and booked in. It will then be assigned a ship which can be a week before it is actually loaded and then leaves for Zeebrugge - a six day voyage. There is then the unloading and transfer to the RoRo to get to Southampton. From there it will be reliant on how active the dealer is to get it shipped to them.

Mine was built on 8th December and didn't arrive at the dealer until mid February, some two months later. OK, Christmas/New Year was in this period but shouldn't have added much of an additional delay.

Therefore I would suggest that your 'stang won't pitch up to your dealer much before 8 weeks after the build date.

Assuming it's being built soon (within a week or so) I would estimate it being at your dealer at, or around, mid June.

Adam23

Postby Adam23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 am

I kind of expectedly this. I wish Ford would keep the people paying their wages in an accurate loop

Return to “General Discussion”