Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
himleiwolf
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:54 am
Name: Chris
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby himleiwolf » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Hinkko360 wrote:haha i will try and remain to be patient yeah i keep checking that aswell seeing what time it is over there just to see if they have started or finished work so i can check once again :lol:


Hi, I got my VIN last week too and my window sticker has gone live today. Try looking on www.cotusb.ford.com as this seems to be more up to date than ETIS. I got the production info from this site and the window sticker was on research maniacs.com (just follow the instructions on screen). Hope that helps

User avatar
Hinkko360
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 am
Name: Adam
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby Hinkko360 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:59 pm

wow thats awesome thanks for sending that link over thats sick its like a much better version of ETIS haha got everything on there :D :rock

himleiwolf
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:54 am
Name: Chris
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby himleiwolf » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Hinkko360 wrote:wow thats awesome thanks for sending that link over thats sick its like a much better version of ETIS haha got everything on there :D :rock


No worries, happy days :D , hopefully our 'stangs will be on their way over shortly. My dealership is hopeful of delivery mid December although I wouldn't be surprised if its more like January

User avatar
Hinkko360
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 am
Name: Adam
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby Hinkko360 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Yeah i've also been told possibly mid Dec but more like Jan. Looks like our cars could possibly making the trip over together :D :rock

gangsta70
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:26 am
Name: Rajen Ladwa
Year Of Mustang: None
Location: Milton Keynes
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby gangsta70 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:22 am

Just a quick question on this excellent post, why are the cars undersprayed in Zebrugge and not Flat Rock?

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 325 times
Contact:

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 am

gangsta70 wrote:Just a quick question on this excellent post, why are the cars undersprayed in Zebrugge and not Flat Rock?

Because undersealing in EUROPE allows for Ford to 'dodge' certain 'legalities'. To my knowledge of 'hunting' on this subject when I went legal with Ford, it's a way Ford can bring more cars in, and claim they're built in Europe, minimum requirements and all that, it's also why a security sticker / check, is done in S'oton.

gangsta70
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:26 am
Name: Rajen Ladwa
Year Of Mustang: None
Location: Milton Keynes
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby gangsta70 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Fair enough! Thanks for the prompt reply :-)

User avatar
NigelR32
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm
Name: Nigel
Year Of Mustang: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby NigelR32 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:19 am

Manders Mustang wrote:
gangsta70 wrote:Just a quick question on this excellent post, why are the cars undersprayed in Zebrugge and not Flat Rock?

Because undersealing in EUROPE allows for Ford to 'dodge' certain 'legalities'. To my knowledge of 'hunting' on this subject when I went legal with Ford, it's a way Ford can bring more cars in, and claim they're built in Europe, minimum requirements and all that, it's also why a security sticker / check, is done in S'oton.


Please don't tell me they plaster the bottom of the car with a thick layer of black gunge?? If this is the case they normally get it everywhere making any work you do on mods underneath a very messy job indeed!!

slowhand99
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby slowhand99 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:03 pm

NigelR32 wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:
gangsta70 wrote:Just a quick question on this excellent post, why are the cars undersprayed in Zebrugge and not Flat Rock?

Because undersealing in EUROPE allows for Ford to 'dodge' certain 'legalities'. To my knowledge of 'hunting' on this subject when I went legal with Ford, it's a way Ford can bring more cars in, and claim they're built in Europe, minimum requirements and all that, it's also why a security sticker / check, is done in S'oton.


Please don't tell me they plaster the bottom of the car with a thick layer of black gunge?? If this is the case they normally get it everywhere making any work you do on mods underneath a very messy job indeed!!


They don't. Most of it goes on the exhaust and you are changing that anyway ;-) The rest goes on the prop shaft and various components like the diff housing (which are completely unprotected otherwise see Hellraiser's build thread http://s230.photobucket.com/user/s197uk ... v.jpg.html).

It seems pretty thin and dries hard like paint. Best ignore it; if you want it undersealed, have it done yourself (which is what you have to do in the US if you want it).

User avatar
NigelR32
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm
Name: Nigel
Year Of Mustang: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby NigelR32 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:15 pm

slowhand99 wrote:
Please don't tell me they plaster the bottom of the car with a thick layer of black gunge?? If this is the case they normally get it everywhere making any work you do on mods underneath a very messy job indeed!!


They don't. Most of it goes on the exhaust and you are changing that anyway ;-) The rest goes on the prop shaft and various components like the diff housing (which are completely unprotected otherwise see Hellraiser's build thread http://s230.photobucket.com/user/s197uk ... v.jpg.html).

It seems pretty thin and dries hard like paint. Best ignore it; if you want it undersealed, have it done yourself (which is what you have to do in the US if you want it).[/quote]

Great news thanks.. You may remember when i bought my 2008 GT, I drove it home, stripped it and rebuilt it with seam sealer and sealant. I feel something similar coming on??

I wonder why Ford don't paint the propshaft or diff on these cars?? Obviously cost is an issue, but really, what would it cost to add a paint process??

slowhand99
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby slowhand99 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:28 pm

NigelR32 wrote:
slowhand99 wrote:
Please don't tell me they plaster the bottom of the car with a thick layer of black gunge?? If this is the case they normally get it everywhere making any work you do on mods underneath a very messy job indeed!!


They don't. Most of it goes on the exhaust and you are changing that anyway ;-) The rest goes on the prop shaft and various components like the diff housing (which are completely unprotected otherwise see Hellraiser's build thread http://s230.photobucket.com/user/s197uk ... v.jpg.html).

It seems pretty thin and dries hard like paint. Best ignore it; if you want it undersealed, have it done yourself (which is what you have to do in the US if you want it).


Great news thanks.. You may remember when i bought my 2008 GT, I drove it home, stripped it and rebuilt it with seam sealer and sealant. I feel something similar coming on??

I wonder why Ford don't paint the propshaft or diff on these cars?? Obviously cost is an issue, but really, what would it cost to add a paint process??[/quote]

Because they don't need to, I guess. They look horrible but they don't actually rust out.

mobe
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm
Name: Antony mobey
Year Of Mustang: None
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby mobe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I ordered my mustang back on the 1st october last year and have no joy with ford.
i come across this post today and followed it through to sending email to mustang.com and within an hour i had a reply from karen giving me my vin number and build date which is next monday 27th feb.
exellent post.
3 months to go i guess.

Thanks

GazDavies
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm
Name: Gareth Davies
Year Of Mustang: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby GazDavies » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 pm

I couldn't agree more with mobe, the information here possibly saved me from needlessly cancelling my order this week. Thank you very much!

I was contacted a few weeks ago by my dealer to say that my GT was in the process of being built (ordered mid September) to which I requested my VIN with no reply. After chasing them up, on Tuesday I got another email to say that I had an April build slot as there had been unspecified delays which was incredibly frustrating to the point where I was ready to cancel and start looking for a second hand GT. A quick email to mustang.com and within hours I had my VIN and was informed that not only had my car already been built but it has arrived at Baltimore docks awaiting a ship.

Fingers crossed my car will be with me by mid May!

slowhand99
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby slowhand99 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:56 pm

It is always worth remembering that the dealers have direct access to the team at mustang@ford.com so duff information is not necessary. Those that don't get the same info that we've been able to get are lazy, or lying, or both. Good dealers are gradually emerging and we need to big them up. My dealer (or rather one individual - the "Mustang Specialist") actually said he had their details but "couldn't be arsed". He doesn't work for Ford any more and has found a more natural habitat. ;)

RR1
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:29 am
Name: Robbie
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Detailed Order Process (UK - S550)

Postby RR1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Is there anything more frustrating than going onto the shipping website, putting in your vin, and it coming up with 'no records found'
:lol: :D :D :D

Patience is a virtue, and it's been 11 days since my car has been built and I am no longer patient! :D :D


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron