S550 build date - Finally!

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Forum rules
User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 pm
Name: Matt
Year Of Mustang: 2013
Location: Hampshire
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 81 times
Contact:

S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Awesome. I've finally received my "Window Sticker" which means my car will likely be built this week... :rock

User avatar
JohnnyRevPants
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 pm
Name: David
Year Of Mustang: 2015
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby JohnnyRevPants » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:38 pm

sweet. As a matter of interest, when did you order yours?

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8046
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 875 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Twin Turbo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:02 pm

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Cookie wrote:Awesome. I've finally received my "Window Sticker" which means my car will likely be built this week... :rock

Window sticker usually comes 1 week before the build date, what does the 'blend date' on the top middle of your window sticker say?

It should be coded as 1YYYYMMDD

User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 pm
Name: Matt
Year Of Mustang: 2013
Location: Hampshire
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 81 times
Contact:

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:Window sticker usually comes 1 week before the build date, what does the 'blend date' on the top middle of your window sticker say?

It should be coded as 1YYYYMMDD


120160317
i.e. 17th March 2016

User avatar
stig
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Location: RG4
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby stig » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Twin Turbo wrote::rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock


...and it looks as if mine will arrive in Southampton on Wednesday!!!!! :o :jook :pidu

User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 pm
Name: Matt
Year Of Mustang: 2013
Location: Hampshire
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 81 times
Contact:

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

JohnnyRevPants wrote:sweet. As a matter of interest, when did you order yours?


Mid August.

User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 pm
Name: Matt
Year Of Mustang: 2013
Location: Hampshire
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 81 times
Contact:

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:21 pm

stig wrote:
...and it looks as if mine will arrive in Southampton on Wednesday!!!!! :o :jook :pidu


Awesome. Lets see how long it takes to make it to the dealer from there eh?

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Cookie wrote:
stig wrote:
...and it looks as if mine will arrive in Southampton on Wednesday!!!!! :o :jook :pidu


Awesome. Lets see how long it takes to make it to the dealer from there eh?


Most people if they know it's in Southampton can tell their dealer it's there to cut the bad communication chains, thus not allowing the dealer the grace period they may like before handover (sometimes up to 3 weeks from arrival in Southampton), but given the right techniques, ie) i need the car on XYZ day for XYZ reason, can usually get the dealers to bring the cars up once it is in Southampton in a reasonable time :)

User avatar
George
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:53 pm
Name: George
Year Of Mustang: 1966
Location: Tadley, Hants
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby George » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Can't wait to get my car :D

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8046
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 875 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 am

stig wrote:
Twin Turbo wrote::rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock


...and it looks as if mine will arrive in Southampton on Wednesday!!!!! :o :jook :pidu


That's great news :jook

User avatar
stig
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Location: RG4
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby stig » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:
Cookie wrote:
stig wrote:
...and it looks as if mine will arrive in Southampton on Wednesday!!!!! :o :jook :pidu


Awesome. Lets see how long it takes to make it to the dealer from there eh?


Most people if they know it's in Southampton can tell their dealer it's there to cut the bad communication chains, thus not allowing the dealer the grace period they may like before handover (sometimes up to 3 weeks from arrival in Southampton), but given the right techniques, ie) i need the car on XYZ day for XYZ reason, can usually get the dealers to bring the cars up once it is in Southampton in a reasonable time :)


Dealer already informed :) Paying them a visit tomorrow to impress upon them the urgency to get me the car ;) Hopefully it comes from S'oton in short order. They've said 48 hours turnaround once it arrives with them - so whilst the weekend would be pushing it (though not impossible!), hopefully early next week. Beyond that and I will be banging heads (again)!

User avatar
Bedford Muscle
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 am
Name: Amarjit
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Bedford Muscle » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Just out of interest, how long before build date should i expect my VIN? Estimated build date is 24/03/16 ...

User avatar
Bedford Muscle
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 am
Name: Amarjit
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby Bedford Muscle » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:57 pm

...never mind, just read Manders comment re usually 1 week before :roll:

dervcruiser
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:18 pm
Name: Tony
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: S550 build date - Finally!

Postby dervcruiser » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:43 pm

I think I've missed it but what colour, options etc are you going for?


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron