MFUK Project car 'Hellraiser' - The build thread.

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

MFUK Project car 'Hellraiser' - The build thread.

Postby badhand » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Hell Yeah, for those that remember, was a bit of an evolution project that fell together as and when bits and pieces, bargains or windfalls came my way. Or when my exceptionally talented friend Trevor, had some inspiration, some spare metal, carbon fibre, plastics or time. The result was, in my opinion, something awesome to behold. And drive. But she's gone. Sold on. And, as I learnt a while back, rear ended and written off.

So time for the next project – Hell Yeah II, the MFUK project car.

And what a project it's gonna be. We don't have a car to mod. But I have a pretty firm idea of what I want to start with and what we should end up with, so I thought this might make an interesting thread. And I thought it'd make a pretty cool project car for the forum, being part 'Classic' 1st Gen and part 6th Generation and everything in between if all goes to plan. Maybe some Mustang 2 steeering bits, some SN95 Cobra IRS, a sprinkle of S197 - who knows.

So come watch as a bungling idiot, makes the journey from sourcing and buying, probably importing and registering, then building and tracking a Pro-Touring '69 Coupe. Your help and suggestions will be welcome along the way. From concept to Spa-Francorchamps. That's the dream.

Here we go. Initial 'scribbles on napkins'...

Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Re: Hell Yeah 2 - The build thread.

Postby Twin Turbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:18 pm

This is going to be good :rock

James7
Year Of Mustang: 2007

Postby James7 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Looking good :mrgreen:
What are your plans for the oily bits ie engine, box, axle, suspension etc anything decided on yet?

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm

That depends on what I buy. I'm really looking for a restoration project that's started, but not completed. Ideally a sound body and sorted motor that comes in at a reasonable price. Everything else will probably get canned.

If it comes with a solid motor, I'll work with that. If not, it's can of worms I'm not going to open til faced with it. I'm not focussing on horses though. A good dose, but not mental. I'm aiming for weight reduction and handling so am prepared to shell out on springy bits etc...

I'm keeping a fairly open mind to be honest and will be researching and seeking advice about every bridge before I cross them. I imagine this will take some time!

James7

Postby James7 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 am

Found a good starting point for you Here :cow After that the possibilities are endless :mrgreen:

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:38 am

Thanks for that.

mattmoxon
Name: Matthew Moxon
Year Of Mustang: 2006

Postby mattmoxon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:01 am

This is going to be a good one to keep an eye on. Certainly different to the usual restoration/build :)

5.0L Coyote crate motor? Not mental BHP but it’s a damn good engine (If I break mine racing I’ll probably end up fitting one depending on the rebuild cost of the 4.6 with decent parts). I believe you can get the 'BOSS 302' package as well, dry sump it so it can be lower in the chassis and hence better handling.

James7

Postby James7 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 am

This will be Badhand in a few months time trying to get every last bhp out of his car on the dyno :axe

James7

Postby James7 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 am

mattmoxon wrote:This is going to be a good one to keep an eye on. Certainly different to the usual restoration/build :)

5.0L Coyote crate motor? Not mental BHP but it’s a damn good engine (If I break mine racing I’ll probably end up fitting one depending on the rebuild cost of the 4.6 with decent parts). I believe you can get the 'BOSS 302' package as well, dry sump it so it can be lower in the chassis and hence better handling.

Good thinking. They do lots of stuff for these as well as looms and ecus to get it all to work and most of the parts seem good value to me compared to things from this country.

cati
Name: Cati
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby cati » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:11 am

looking good bro! so constructive critique

1. Wing needs to be bigger!
2. Wing needs more down
3. bigger end plates
4. It also needs a bigger diffuser
5. Oh wing needs to be bigger

perhaps bigger exhausts - mo fo japanese style megaphones or an industrial harbinger type side dump... with petrol injectors for flames - yeah big flames would be cool. intake stacks? with flames as well

interior needs to be classic - harbinger style - super cool centre console for weapons release and retro buckets - apparently you can buy the centre console and instrument surround binnacles

flames coming from the wing ! may be too much?

BAZ 555
Name: BAZ
Year Of Mustang: 2006

Postby BAZ 555 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:23 am

Looking forward to this long build .. heres some inspiration for you . a track car at the recent world final at Ipswich . was a bit too rotten to do any good !

:hang

waylander
Name: patrick

Postby waylander » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:26 pm

gotta be honest I'm not normally a fan of the early coupes but this :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:35 am

waylander wrote:gotta be honest I'm not normally a fan of the early coupes but this :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

'this', being the sketch, or the purple thing?

shmustang
Name: mike allan

Postby shmustang » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:20 pm

bring it in nick looking forward to see the build, let me know when you got mfuk med tee shirts as i will order 2 plus an xxl for ma tubby friend tom lol :lol: :lol:

Spanner Monkey
Name: Billy Belfont
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Postby Spanner Monkey » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 am

I know the Coyote engine is easy horsepower, but the associated electrical components would make me steer clear for a project such as this.
I'd go with reliable, understressed horsepower with an over-abundance of torque, and the ability to increase either without the need to re-mortgage the Falkland islands.
In short - go big.

Return to “General Discussion”