What have you done with your Mustang today?

Like it says, the area to discuss general topics which are not related to other forums.
Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: What have you done with your Mustang today?

Postby Manders Mustang » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 am

Harley103 wrote:Lovely custom steering wheel. Did they use a GT350 steering wheel as a base to put the custom leather on?

I had a GT350 steering wheel waiting the day I brought the car home from the dealership, probably my favourite mod full stop, never regretted it

Nope used a bone stock wheel. :rock

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Harley103 wrote:Lovely custom steering wheel. Did they use a GT350 steering wheel as a base to put the custom leather on?

I had a GT350 steering wheel waiting the day I brought the car home from the dealership, probably my favourite mod full stop, never regretted it

Same here fav mod alongside Borla S type cat back . When I see a stock wheel I cringe at the quality of the leather, MY18 have upgraded the leather , good shout.

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:26 pm

@Steeda UK bits in, driven nearly 100 miles on them, holy fucking shit balls, I had expectations for these on online reviews, but jesus christ, that back end is tighter than a nun now, i've slammed the car in 1st second and third round corners at speed (Increasing speed) and not felt the car step out, whilst also acceleration feels way more planted and I seem to be able to get up to speed, much much quicker without as much bumpyness / floatyness of the back end.

(see previous post for what i've had done).

Bit of a pig to install one of the parts, but mechanics did it in the end . They cmplained heavily about the IRS bolts that seem to wiggle and flop around in the threaded section saying it's and i quote "rubbish they sell a car and there's that much of an issue that's so easy to fix".

Well done Steeda, Well done /Bow.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 am

Good to hear. The nice peeps at Steeda just sent us that kit for Hellraiser. Be a while before we can test them though!

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:17 pm

badhand wrote:Good to hear. The nice peeps at Steeda just sent us that kit for Hellraiser. Be a while before we can test them though!

It's great, really sorts that ar$e out for the car. So much more confident on the loud pedal, might be an Ecoboost, but I can floor it with no hop anymore :rock :rock

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:
badhand wrote:Good to hear. The nice peeps at Steeda just sent us that kit for Hellraiser. Be a while before we can test them though!

It's great, really sorts that ar$e out for the car. So much more confident on the loud pedal, might be an Ecoboost, but I can floor it with no hop anymore :rock :rock

I really rate Steeda they seem to supply parts with the best research and manufacturing materials.

I'm thinking of getting the IRS bushing support. Do you need to get the alignment with them if you took them to Mike at Modurstang ? Is there any uncomfort to daily driving with this up garde, at the end of the day the GT is a powerful cruiser not hard ass sport cars I like that comfort with power.

Think a nice package for upgrades.

Steeda cold air intake.
IRS Bushing support
Steeda street Diff bushing / Would you get these alongside the the IRS bushing kit for a comprehensive upgrade ?
Steeda Progressive springs. / Are these to harsh do they scrape on raised objects such as speed bumps ?
Wheel spacers. / Not sure what wheel spacers are the best quality ?????? Eibach or hubcentric ?

Has anyone else made any mods to stable the back end ? I also think some Mich Sport tyres could help the back end to . ??

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 am

Shadow Pony wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:

I really rate Steeda they seem to supply parts with the best research and manufacturing materials.

I'm thinking of getting the IRS bushing support. Do you need to get the alignment with them if you took them to Mike at Modurstang ? Is there any uncomfort to daily driving with this up garde, at the end of the day the GT is a powerful cruiser not hard ass sport cars I like that comfort with power.

Think a nice package for upgrades.

Steeda cold air intake.
IRS Bushing support
Steeda street Diff bushing / Would you get these alongside the the IRS bushing kit for a comprehensive upgrade ?
Steeda Progressive springs. / Are these to harsh do they scrape on raised objects such as speed bumps ?
Wheel spacers. / Not sure what wheel spacers are the best quality ?????? Eibach or hubcentric ?

Has anyone else made any mods to stable the back end ? I also think some Mich Sport tyres could help the back end to . ??

IRS Bushing inserts don't require tracking, as they're just tracking, however the IRS alignment kit (black bits) needs one as this fully fixes the alignment on the back end of the car and stops the wobble of the IR sand subframe. Which in turn causes wheel hop, wheel spin, loss of traction, floaty back end etc (that's both together prevent all this).
I got it all installed and tracked at a local garage, cost me £193 all in, pretty pricey, but the bushing inserts are a faff to get in lol.

I'd get the bushing billet inserts and the alignment kit together then get the car realigned, that fixes most the problems the car's back end has.

It's added no NVH, it's improved the handling and response of the car (as in power to the floor), and traction.

Michellin Pilot Super sports also help, as good as PZero's are in the summer/warm (they're sick for that weather), but godly in the wet/cold conditions. Michellin have since discontinued these and have now released the Pilot Sport 4s' which if I was buying tyres, would be my choice.

Relating to springs, I asked a lot of questions before looking at mine, (haven't got any on), progressive springs are better for everyday driving, linear springs are better or track as the spring rate is constant, whereas progressive gets tighter the further on the spring compresses. They're not harsh to drive on, people report they're nicer to drive on, as for scraping, unlikely, mate of mine runs eibach sportlines with a lower splitter and have never scraped. Not sure what the front clearance is like etc though.

Bedford Muscle
Name: Amarjit

Postby Bedford Muscle » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:12 pm

I was also looking at my next mod (after it's detailed & ceramic coated in April). Am abit confused as to whether go for the Bushing support or the support braces. :?

Would i only need the one (if so, the support braces seem like an easier install) or are both advised?

Additionally, any views on whether the Steeda or BMR bushing support would be best?

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Bedford Muscle wrote:I was also looking at my next mod (after it's detailed & ceramic coated in April). Am abit confused as to whether go for the Bushing support or the support braces. :?

Would i only need the one (if so, the support braces seem like an easier install) or are both advised?

Additionally, any views on whether the Steeda or BMR bushing support would be best?

Are the BMR ones a little bit harsher on drive ? think they are both good brands but I do like Steeda to be honest. One thing to consider is that after market parts might put premature wear on joining stock components ,

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu May 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Finished painting these for a friend :)

Installed Cobb, painted the front race red, it's BLOODY GOOD for a canned tune. The turbo spools like crazy, the car goes stupid quick which makes me happy and throws me back in the seat, regardless of gear, the car feels like a totally different beast.
Actual gains is yet to be seen by numbers and cats but the bum on seat feel is MAJOR improvement.

I'm fully aware I need to clean the interior... hoover out on the weekend me thinks!

My wire hiding job

Ant379
Name: Anthony

Postby Ant379 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:Installed Cobb, painted the front race red, it's BLOODY GOOD for a canned tune. The turbo spools like crazy, the car goes stupid quick which makes me happy and throws me back in the seat, regardless of gear, the car feels like a totally different beast.
Actual gains is yet to be seen by numbers and cats but the bum on seat feel is MAJOR improvement.

Hahahaha. Glad you think the Cobb is BLOODY GOOD. I completely agree but the Pirellis dont :rock

I love mine. I did turn it down to Slot 5 until I got the tires changed around but now it is back up to Slot 1 and it in that 98% off the time.

It is amazing what a difference it makes and I have confidence in the product.

For information, I used launch control a few months ago and got 5.5 seconds registered on the stop watch ;) on the first and only attempt (Launching at a little 3k rpm)

Ant

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Ant379 wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:Installed Cobb, painted the front race red, it's BLOODY GOOD for a canned tune. The turbo spools like crazy, the car goes stupid quick which makes me happy and throws me back in the seat, regardless of gear, the car feels like a totally different beast.

Hahahaha. Glad you think the Cobb is BLOODY GOOD. I completely agree but the Pirellis dont :rock

I love mine. I did turn it down to Slot 5 until I got the tires changed around but now it is back up to Slot 1 and it in that 98% off the time.

For information, I used launch control a few months ago and got 5.5 seconds registered on the stop watch ;) on the first and only attempt (Launching at a little 3k rpm)

Ant

Heya,

I haven't a clue what the different "slots" do? I thought the slots were to load different tunes into?

I need to run a 0-60 in mine now it's got pedders coilovers. Out of interest the launch control isn't on any of my menu's im running the s1 98oct but can't find it (Even on the tune menu)

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:
Ant379 wrote:

Ant

Heya,

I haven't a clue what the different "slots" do? I thought the slots were to load different tunes into?

I need to run a 0-60 in mine now it's got pedders coilovers. Out of interest the launch control isn't on any of my menu's im running the s1 98oct but can't find it (Even on the tune menu)

Basically, if you press 'SET' (I think) on the cruise control settings, the tach meter will point to one of 5 rev numbers - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. You can change the map by selecting the '+' & '-' on the cruse control settings. The rev needle will point incrementally up or down to the next number.

Slot 1 - Richest Tune
Slot 5 - Stock Tune

I believe you can tune all slots to anything you want. The slots in the middle, 2, 3, 4 are increments of increased power unto slot 5.

Believe me, it took 3 batches of emails to Cobb to get the answer out of Cobb about how to activate Launch Control, FFS, Burn Out etc.

This is what I finally got:

Cobb Custom Features How To: Burnout Mode Ford Vehicles
If equipped with drive mode, set the drive mode to "Track".
Hold the traction control button down for ~6 seconds to disable Advancetrac.
Press and hold the clutch all the way in, and put the car into 1st gear.
Hold the "OFF" or "ON/OFF" cruise control button to activate.
Push the Accelerator pedal down to the floor and release the clutch.
Immediately after releasing the clutch, place your left foot on the brake pedal.
Modulate the burnout with your left foot.
Once the tires are warm, release the brake, accelerator pedal, and the burnout button!

Cobb Custom Features How To: Use Launch Control
Bring vehicle to a complete stop
Fully depress the clutch pedal.
Put the transmission in 1st gear
Press the accelerator pedal to the floor quickly, vehicle will now hold at the specified fuel cut level. (Base RPM Setting: Focus 2500rpm, Mustang )
(Optional for harder launch from higher RPM) Press and hold the "SET - " button on the cruise control. This will raise the RPM to the higher throttle cut level.(Base RPM setting: Focus 4000 rpm, Mustang )
Release the clutch, and after you start moving release "SET - " cruise control button.

Cobb Custom Features How To: Map Switching on Ford Vehicles
Flash a map with 5-way map switching enabled
Click cancel/resume button on your cruise control in order to activate the switching.
Use "Set -" and "Set +" to change between available maps.
Map position will be marked on the tachometer by the needle sweeping to 1,2,3,4, or 5. Or you are able to add a gauge on the Accessport to monitor map position. (Most OTS maps only go to slot 1 or 2, however up to five can be utilised with custom tuning)
On OTS maps:
Focus ST/Fiesta ST - Slot 1 is High Performance, Slot 2 is Economy Mode
Focus RS - Slot 1 is High Performance, Slot 2 is OEM, Slot 3 is Economy Mode
Mustang - Slot 1 is High Performance, Slot 2,3,4 are incrementally gradually lower boost target, Slot 5 Economy Mode

Cobb Custom Features How To:Flat-Foot Shifting (FFS) on Ford Vehicles
Accelerate at full throttle. During use of the FFS system the pedal needs to be fully depressed.
With your foot still fully depressing the throttle, depress the clutch.
FFS system will automatically engage an RPM limiter which keeps the engine from going dangerously high.
Fiesta - 5000 RPM
Focus - 5000 RPM
Mustang - 5000 rpm
Change gears and release clutch.

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... d-Vehicles

Enjoy

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:11 pm

And you're right, Launch Control is invisible on the AP. Don't expect to find it.

I spend ages on You Tube / Internet trying to fathom it out.

A

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:22 am

Looks like I've managed to inadvertadley get a side business going doing paint jobs for people :lol:

oddly this time, not mine, i've been doing some work for myself and other owners from facebook.

1) engine bay respray, red fuse box, black and red engine cover and black rad cover

2) black and green howler badge (Bubble wrap seemed to react with the paint the last time so corrected it and turned out better than the first one (lol)

3) v6 decklid repainted gloss black with the stripes painted full colour, the blue is such a nice blue, it's super deep blue and is hard to pick it up on camera but it's a super deep rich blue. It needs 2k lacquering before it's finished, no idea what to do with it yet.

Return to “General Discussion”