MY 2018 OTR prices

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
eebyeck
Name: Andrew
Year Of Mustang: None

MY 2018 OTR prices

Postby eebyeck » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Not seen these posted anywhere so far but just seen on the Perrys website showing On The Road prices for the MY 18 Mustang.

Base ecoboost £34795 (MY 17 £33645)
Base GT £41095 (MY 17 £38095)

They are still listing the MY 17 Mustangs but the 18s are awaiting images.

It doesn't leave much room for options before hitting the £40k list price!

http://www.perrys.co.uk/alfreton-ford/f ... rlynew-new

Not sure how acurate as the GT is showing the correct CO2 figure of 277 but has incorrect combined 17mpg compared to a leaked German brochure.

Andrew

AlfaMale
Name: Chris Young

Re: MY 2018 OTR prices

Postby AlfaMale » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 pm

I’ve been trawling everywhere for these prices so I hope you’re right.

£3k uplift doesn’t seem too bad but add the options and auto box and it’s north of £45k.

Still a hell of a car for the money, and I’ll be putting my name down for one.

Thanks again

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Probable bullshit, checked VISTA - Nothing on there pricing wise. Also some dealers do list MY17s at those prices dep'd on options. If that dealership wants to back their claim go wild :P

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 pm

It could be a new web page they're still developing for the mustang that they've accidently put live too soon. The info is given is sparse and I'm sure there's some official photos they could use.

Time will tell but if the prices stay and are correct then I want my gold star! lol

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 pm

eebyeck wrote:It could be a new web page they're still developing for the mustang that they've accidently put live too soon. The info is given is sparse and I'm sure there's some official photos they could use.

Time will tell but if the prices stay and are correct then I want my gold star! lol

My only worry is, if it is "real" (and you get that gold star lol) is that it's a leak, and a total mistake (or a guess)... As if VISTA doesn't have it on, it's not legit yet, usually VISTA is the backend updated, i've spoken to a GM of a rather large ford... and he said he didn't know (which could be true and could be bullshit)

AlfaMale

Postby AlfaMale » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:12 am

Manders Mustang wrote:
eebyeck wrote:It could be a new web page they're still developing for the mustang that they've accidently put live too soon. The info is given is sparse and I'm sure there's some official photos they could use.

My only worry is, if it is "real" (and you get that gold star lol) is that it's a leak, and a total mistake (or a guess)... As if VISTA doesn't have it on, it's not legit yet, usually VISTA is the backend updated, i've spoken to a GM of a rather large ford... and he said he didn't know (which could be true and could be bullshit)

The prices seem about right which is why it looks plausible. I would accept a £3k uplift to get the new model but much more than that is a stretch and I think I’d drop back to a MY17 model and hope for sizeable discount on the outgoing model.

I’d be keen to know how much the magna-ride suspension option is too. Plus I hope they keep the 10 speed auto option at the current £1500 level. If these become excessive price wise it will be getting too close to £50k and that’s too much for this car.

AlfaMale

Postby AlfaMale » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Any more news or thoughts on the 2018 prices yet ?

I see our friends over the water have not only got prices they have placed advanced orders already !

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:24 pm

AlfaMale wrote:Any more news or thoughts on the 2018 prices yet ?

I see our friends over the water have not only got prices they have placed advanced orders already !

I've not seen anything else re prices yet. Like you, I think the Perry's price is expected considering the US price hike.

According to Kent Mustang website, the oficial launch and price release was meant to be 11th October so seems to be a delay.

The only thing I can think of why is they may want to shift more current stock before releasing the new one.

Ant379
Name: Anthony

Postby Ant379 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 am

I to am getting frustrated and check 2-3 times a day on here, the ford website and general google but still no luck.

I am not even considering the MY18 but more the MY19. At the current rate those two years won’t be far apart.

I’ll continue to look back

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Ant379 wrote:I to am getting frustrated and check 2-3 times a day on here, the ford website and general google but still no luck.

I am not even considering the MY18 but more the MY19. At the current rate those two years won’t be far apart.

I’ll continue to look back

It's probably MY 19-20 for me but would be great to know where we stand for budgeting. An expected £3k price hike could probably make a 6 month delay to buy for me.

I'm kinda hoping for free trade deal with the US by then, may save a couple of grand. (not wanting to make this conversation political but you neer know!).

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Just seen this on Bristol Street Motors

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car ... v8-gt-2dr/

£2k cheaper but that may not include the £2k car tax as it lists it below.

I hope it's £2k cheaper but I reckon I'm just closer to my gold star!

The worrying thing for me is the 17mpg (same figure quoted with Perrys), I was expecting 21-22. As I do 15k miles a year, I might have to consider the ecoboost again.

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Just noticed it's £3k cheaper which is the old list price so still none the wiser.

It's definately for the MY18 as it states quad tip exhausts, LED lights, collision prevent etc.

I wonder if you order now you get it at that price?

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:53 pm

It's not fords prices (it's close) ;)! But they list some chatter about the MY18 which is valid

slowhand99
Name: Ben

Postby slowhand99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

eebyeck wrote:Just seen this on Bristol Street Motors

The worrying thing for me is the 17mpg (same figure quoted with Perrys), I was expecting 21-22. As I do 15k miles a year, I might have to consider the ecoboost again.

You’ll have no trouble getting 22 mpg on 15k a year assuming that includes a fair amount of motorway and “normal” driving. The price might be something different however.

eebyeck

Postby eebyeck » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 pm

slowhand99 wrote:
eebyeck wrote:Just seen this on Bristol Street Motors

You’ll have no trouble getting 22 mpg on 15k a year assuming that includes a fair amount of motorway and “normal” driving. The price might be something different however.

Fortunately it's mainly A roads and country lanes (mainly national speed limits) with a little queueing at the start and end of the journeys. I could go by motorway to work but where's the fun in that.

I usually manange to get around the combined quoted mpg of all my past cars so if it officially comes out at 21 I'm ok but 17mpg it may be pushing it.

Return to “News”