MY 2018 OTR prices

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
Forum rules
TimG
Name: Tim Grundey
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: MY 2018 OTR prices

Postby TimG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Supersolo wrote:Quick clear is the windshield with an electrical heating element placed within the lamination of the windshield.
Look closely at the windshield in, say, an RS and you'll probably see the fine wiggley lines of the heating element.
I've had quick clear on all my Mondeo and after the snow we've just had, it would be a feature I'd want on my Mustang.
Much better than chiselling ice off, with a scraper, imo.

When I ordered my 2016 car the salesman told me the car would have a heated windscreen ' Its a Ford". It did not have a heated screen & so far as I know no UK cars do. The screen is marked SoundScreen, perhaps this is extra sound deadening so precluding heating elements. The switch for a heated screen on the touch screen is detailed in the manual so it seems some markets get one.

Supersolo
Name: Supersolo
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Supersolo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:16 pm

The dealership I'm hoping to order through, had a delay in updating their, internal, ordering system.
So I was supposed to go in, spec, price and formally order the car, on the 18th, but I've recently experienced unfortunate personal events, so couldn't get to the dealership before Xmas.
I'll give them a call, on the 27th and see if I can get to finalize an order with them, this week.

TimG.
Interesting point about the heated windshield. Think someone at Ford has made a spec mistake if the HW isn't available for U.K. Mustang.
Seems so silly, if Ford do fit, but only for certain markets.
I'd pay an additional £150 for an HW option or better still, Ford perhaps should include or offer as option, a winter pack.
Heated seats.
Heated steering wheel.
Heated windshield.
Heated washer jets.

Anyway, I'm looking to get my order in asap, so as then it'll all be done and I just have to wait until delivery.

Congrats to anyone who's already got their order in.
Merry Xmas .
:rock

TimG
Name: Tim Grundey
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby TimG » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am

Supersolo there is a heated seat option they are also cooled. I ordered with this option but it came without, as compensation I got a free first service. As leather seats can be cold or hot in different seasons I bought goat skin to go on the seat for about £45.

Tim

Paddy
Name: Paddy
Year Of Mustang: 1965

Postby Paddy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m new on here, I took delivery of a 1965 fastback in 2016 direct from a company in the US that had rebuilt it to my exact specification and it’s great, really great but it cost loads and is far too valuable to me to use as an everyday drive.

I keep my 65 stang in a carcoon in a conditioned garage and only drive when the roads are dry, I have a desire for a daily drive Mustang and have recently looked at buying a new fastback, obviously the new 2018 model has caught my attention but a 2018 fastback GT auto with a good selection of “toys” is looking to be £55 whereas I can get a new 2017 GT fastback auto with custom pack in black with silver GT stripes for £40k (including the initial £2k RFL) or an ex demo 3 months old in the same spec but without GT stripes and only 200 miles on the clock for £36k + £140 RFL

I understand that the 2018 car is better, but £55k against £40k is a massive difference, not to mention the savings on the ex demo. I also get that the 2017 car will depreciation quicker once the 2018 is launched but in reality £15 or 19k is a whole lot of spending cash and depreciation is only really relative if I sell in the first few years.

I’m struggling to find a reason to shell out the extra drinking vouchers when all I see is quad tips, an led dash and a few bhp more especially when Bill Shepard could upgrade the headers and pipes and give me the extra power for so much less.

Mustang Barry
Name: Barry
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Postby Mustang Barry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:29 pm

Go ex demo.

And anyone in the World could give you the extra power for so much less than Bill Shepard.

:roll:

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 am

Paddy wrote:Hi Guys,

I’m new on here, I took delivery of a 1965 fastback in 2016 direct from a company in the US that had rebuilt it to my exact specification and it’s great, really great but it cost loads and is far too valuable to me to use as an everyday drive.

Hi Paddy. Firstly, welcome aboard.

Secondly, pics and info on the '65!!!

What company? What spec? What motor? Resto? Restomod? Pro-touring?

Supersolo

Postby Supersolo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 am

Paddy.

Welcome to the forum, I've recently joined, also.
:D

As Badhand says, would be nice to see/know about your 65 Mustang.

I know what you mean about the 2017s. I've been caught browsing the selection of 2017 Mustangs available on Autotrader. I really liked the 2017 demonstrator I drove, back in November and for the right price, they've got to be tempting, imo.

Supersolo

Postby Supersolo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Been to the dealership today and formally entered my order onto the system.
I've been given a piece of paper with the spec and price.

No specific indication of when I might expect delivery, just the 3rd quarter this year.
Whether the dealer network get demonstrators sooner, is anyone's guess.

Glad I've got the order in, albeit a preliminary one, as I'd guess Ford aren't even building RHD cars at the moment.

:D

Return to “News”