'18 Facelift

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
Forum rules
Harley103
Name: Alex
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Re: '18 Facelift

Postby Harley103 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Mark@stage3 wrote:
Harley103 wrote:Wow, they've made it look worse. Glad I got in early.

Totally agree. The s550 looks great. This one took that nice fresh look at ruined it. I'll start working with the body kit companies to start coming up with ideas.

The majority of the ugly is down to that front bumper, which is replaceable. So on the bright side Mark it'll be good for business for you!

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Harley103 wrote:
Mark@stage3 wrote:

Totally agree. The s550 looks great. This one took that nice fresh look at ruined it. I'll start working with the body kit companies to start coming up with ideas.

The majority of the ugly is down to that front bumper, which is replaceable. So on the bright side Mark it'll be good for business for you!

I'd say it's more down to the shite angles on the hood (Horizontal line from the shit vents, vertical from the rest) makes it look odd on the eye...

Here's a render with a new hood and a few other, looks way cleaner and meaner.

Flatrock
Name: Gary Sedgwick
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Flatrock » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Just to add fuel to the fire
http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=10704
White rear lights and only two exhausts!
Also can't see it will be in production any time soon

Gaz911
Name: Gaz

Postby Gaz911 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Don’t blame me if my facts are sketchy, it’s just an observation.

Was reading some of the articles about the latest Euro NCAP report on the Mustang, damming reading if you don’t actually look at the facts. Probably Journo's whipping up a storm.

But it was interesting to read in the comment section, regarding the latest '18 version. It says orders made after May, will receive an updated vehicle. Could this be an indication when Ford UK will be allowing UK owners to order.

"General comments
This assessment of the Ford Mustang is based on the vehicle that has been on sale since 2015. Ford has informed Euro NCAP that orders placed after May will receive an updated vehicle, which will be launched later in 2017, and will be equipped with Pre Collision Assist (with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Keeping Aid."

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:Here's a render with a new hood and a few other, looks way cleaner and meaner.

So, lower it, new hood, bit of black vinyl, pull the badge off and hey presto - its lovely? :D

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:39 pm

badhand wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:Here's a render with a new hood and a few other, looks way cleaner and meaner.

So, lower it, new hood, bit of black vinyl, pull the badge off and hey presto - its lovely? :D

Looks that way, eyes are a bit weird on it. (headlights), but it's still a decent improvement, can't even do sh1t with the lower grille as there's safety junk in the blocks at the ends of it.

Mark@stage3
Name: Mark

Postby Mark@stage3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with the hood comment. Looks like they took a lovely car with nice curves and handed all the designers rulers. Seems like Ford likes to get their rulers out every so often and ugly up the Mustang.

D17AVD
Name: David
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Postby D17AVD » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:27 am

I appear to be in a minority of just one here, but I actually prefer the updated car. It may actually be closer to the car I wanted the 15-17 to be and wasn't. I will still await seeing what will be released here before I think of what to do, and if I still don't like it enough I'll just keep the one I've got.

Harley103
Name: Alex

Postby Harley103 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:04 pm

D17AVD wrote:I appear to be in a minority of just one here, but I actually prefer the updated car. It may actually be closer to the car I wanted the 15-17 to be and wasn't. I will still await seeing what will be released here before I think of what to do, and if I still don't like it enough I'll just keep the one I've got.

Fair enough, I'm sure it will be to some people's tastes.

I still think the S550 is a beautiful looking car that's curvy and well styled, yet still looks a muscle car without a shadow of a doubt. The face lift just seems to have hurt that an bit my eyes.

Interestingly I still have a lot of respect for the S197 body shape. It's not elegant or graceful but a bold brash attempt to be large and loud. It's exactly what the mustang needed back in 2004 to shout to the world it's back with a vengeance.

Of course, they could totally cock it up with a new shape in 2020 trying to make it all European looking.

Return to “News”