'18MY news!

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
Forum rules
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

'18MY news!

Postby Twin Turbo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:14 pm

OK, a dealer on another site was doing some digging on their system and has found the following info:

It's dead here at work today (dealership), so I was messing around on the old ordering system. Here's what I can see about the 18's, anything not listed here I have no information on, just some of the options and colors.

Both P8A and P8E body types come up as invalid, so I'd say the V6 is history.

Colors:

G1 SHADOW BLACK
H3 TRIPLE YELLOW
J7 MAGNETIC MET
L6 KONA BLUE
NL ORANGE FURY
N6 LIGHTNING BLUE
PQ RACE RED
RR RUBY RED TINT
R3 ROYAL CRIMSON
UX INGOT SILVER
YZ OXFORD WHITE

Interesting options listed (no descriptions, this is all the info I have so make your own assumptions what it means)

19B Dual Exhaust
44U 10 speed Auto (listed on Eco and GT)
68C Carbon Sport pkg (listed Eco and GT)
96B Magne-Ride damp (listed on Eco and GT)

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: '18MY news!

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:30 am

Magnetic ride, Carbon sports package, 10 speed DCT. Well, well well, that's going to be something. Dread to think if either of these will come to the UK, and if they do, what the cost will be, if Carbon package is what I think it'll be (All plastics to Carbon) it's going to be a £5k extra, if it's just a roof or hood, and maybe wing mirrors, maybe less, I expect these to 'take homage' to the GT350R's carbon regardless.

Royal Crimson looks to be a new colour, possibly a candy red?
Kona Blue - Looks like DIB, replacing GB
Orange Fury - Probably replacing GB on the 'cost' front, but looks like CO is returning, in a furious blaze
Magnetic Met - Renamed Magnetic?

Interesting choice of colours, Race red still makes it through, the hero's choice. ;)!

Bye bye V6 may mean a power rise to the EB (/Hope).

losing the V6, however, I wonder how long it is until Ford do the v8 just as a 'homage' to it being V8, there's no doubt the ecoboost enginges, Whether that be I4 or V6, can have tremendous power gain capabilities. Only time will tell!

Twin Turbo
Site Admin

Postby Twin Turbo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Royal Crimson on a Fusion

Orange Fury on an Explorer

Kona Blue has been on an S550 before. It was available in the US on the (limited to 1964 examples) of the 50th Anniversary LE (along with Wimbledon White). Kona is a little darker that Deep Impact

Twin Turbo
Site Admin

Postby Twin Turbo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Must admit, I thought the V6 might soldier on until the S650 for the '21MY. However, it seems most rental companies (where many of the old V6s used to end up) have jumped on the Ecoboost early. Most of the S550 I saw in Florida in June, and Vegas earlier this month, were Ecoboosts.

As for the V8. It'll soldier on. It's almost definitely getting port and direct injection for '18MY. This should be good for 460hp (that'll eclipse the Camaro by 5hp). It should make it into the S650, too, but whether as the standard GT engine, or as an SE high-trim remains to be seen.

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:07 am

Twin Turbo wrote:Must admit, I thought the V6 might soldier on until the S650 for the '21MY. However, it seems most rental companies (where many of the old V6s used to end up) have jumped on the Ecoboost early. Most of the S550 I saw in Florida in June, and Vegas earlier this month, were Ecoboosts.

As for the V8. It'll soldier on. It's almost definitely getting port and direct injection for '18MY. This should be good for 460hp (that'll eclipse the Camaro by 5hp). It should make it into the S650, too, but whether as the standard GT engine, or as an SE high-trim remains to be seen.

Not a fan of either of them colours, i'm sure someone will be, how peculiar to drop grabber that quickly though! Kona is alright, as is Orange, but that crimson looks very 'Oap pension' car colour :lol:

V8 wills tick around for a while, i have no doubton that, but it's will it be the top BHP engine forever?

Return to “News”