'18MY - 1st spy shots!

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
Forum rules
User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Another day.....another set of spy shots!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:10 am

More photos, courtesy of Chris Doane and Hot Rod Magazine

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:31 am

Halo front lights? Looks to be about the only change I can spot!

Coupé look to be shots of the eco judging by the brakes

slowhand99
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby slowhand99 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:35 am

Manders Mustang wrote:Halo front lights? Looks to be about the only change I can spot!

Coupé look to be shots of the eco judging by the brakes


Good spot. Halo front lights would give them a globally compliant front light. No tribar DRLs for anyone (unless they turn them into sequential indicators, grrrrrrrr!)

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:54 am

slowhand99 wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:Halo front lights? Looks to be about the only change I can spot!

Coupé look to be shots of the eco judging by the brakes


Good spot. Halo front lights would give them a globally compliant front light. No tribar DRLs for anyone (unless they turn them into sequential indicators, grrrrrrrr!)


USA will probably see halo headlights, with indicator functionality, and the DRLs working as they do currently.

Whereas export markets would see DRLs how they currently are (reflectors in the lights), and Halo lights with indicators in them too.

Possibly swap the bar indicato for just a flat sidelight, so no need for an indicator relay in there too - or keep it, who knows!


Looks like eco brakes still, means they haven't uprated any of the brakes or discs. Interior is just design work interior not for driving.

Camera looks to be pointing towards the back, not sure what it's tracking, could be how the back handles for analysis, so maybe a new thing in the booty of the car?

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah, difficult to tell of those are halos or just individual trim pieces that are reflecting the light from the LED tri bars, which are lit in this photo.

I would certainly hope Ford are going to come up with a cooler DRL solution than we current have, though!

Image

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:Yeah, difficult to tell of those are halos or just individual trim pieces that are reflecting the light from the LED tri bars, which are lit in this photo.

I would certainly hope Ford are going to come up with a cooler DRL solution than we current have, though!

Image

DRLs look active there.

As for the halo, it does look like a halo more than reflections, as there's dots all the way around. Got any MY15/16/17 spy shots like that so we can compare maybe?


Also, is that a different lower grille, look at the body camo, it goes through the middle? :pai

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 pm

I think the headlamp has an "effect" around it......kind of like the links on a watch strap. If they're chrome, they could be reflecting the light from the tri-bars......or they could be halos lol

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:I think the headlamp has an "effect" around it......kind of like the links on a watch strap. If they're chrome, they could be reflecting the light from the tri-bars......or they could be halos lol

Only one way to find out... wait for them to show the beast off in nov :rock :cow

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:Only one way to find out... wait for them to show the beast off in nov :rock :cow


Bleedin' hope so! Not sure I can wait until Detroit in January to see it! The LA Show runs from November 18th to 27th. If......IF it's shown at LA, I'd expect Ford to start dropping teasers a week or so before......potentially we'd see those in a little over 3 weeks!

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:Only one way to find out... wait for them to show the beast off in nov :rock :cow


Bleedin' hope so! Not sure I can wait until Detroit in January to see it! The LA Show runs from November 18th to 27th. If......IF it's shown at LA, I'd expect Ford to start dropping teasers a week or so before......potentially we'd see those in a little over 3 weeks!


And the countdown begins!

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:44 pm

I've just checked, and the Detroit Show kicks off on 8th January. I think there's a good chance Ford will hold out until then, but show it the day before...........'cos the 7th January is my birthday :D

User avatar
Manders Mustang
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:I've just checked, and the Detroit Show kicks off on 8th January. I think there's a good chance Ford will hold out until then, but show it the day before...........'cos the 7th January is my birthday :D


My sources told me u got an invite there ;)? :roll:

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Manders Mustang wrote:My sources told me u got an invite there ;)? :roll:


Yep, 1st Class, all expenses paid.........................I wish :D

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 8050
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 876 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: '18MY - 1st spy shots!

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Anyway, it's been a few hours......time for more!!!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron