'17MY - The official changes

Latest info on the ever evolving Mustang brand. Got a scoop? Post it here.
User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 318 times

'17MY - The official changes

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Not many of them, bar the new colours :)

Image

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:42 pm

And here are the changes for the GT350. Basically it amounts to the Track Pack now being standard, a new option packs called Convenience and tweaks the to Electronics Pack. Oh, and you can get it in Grabber Blue :rock

(thanks to Mustang6g for the info :) )

Image
Image
Image

Tacklebury
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:07 pm
Name: Simon
Year Of Mustang: 2015
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Tacklebury » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Question is when will this be released???

I ordered on 7th of Feb and desperately want to order grabber blue but currently Ford Uk won't allow me...

Another question is will a delivery of around November be a MY17 car???

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Tacklebury wrote:Question is when will this be released???

I ordered on 7th of Feb and desperately want to order grabber blue but currently Ford Uk won't allow me...

Another question is will a delivery of around November be a MY17 car???



Good question!

We can, for now, only go on what information is available to the US market:

03/04/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Date
03/24/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
6/01/2016 - 2016MY Job Last Date
04/04/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
04/14/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
06/02/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date


My assumption is that Ford UK won't submit an order for a Grabber Blue '17 because even in the US, they can't do that yet. Therefore, I assume we'll fall roughly in line with the US and new orders will only be "submitted" after 4th April 2016. I say "submitted" as in your dealer submits your order to Ford US. Right now, I suspect your order has gone no further than your dealer. I would also assume (from a post by Andy Barratt (Ford MD) on another forum) that the next batch of RHD builds will be in May/June time......again, this fits in with the change over to the '17MY. So, I'd be pretty confident that once your order is submitted, the car you get in November will be a Grabber Blue '17MY.

Personally, I'd go back to your dealer and see if what I've said makes sense. Chances are (sadly) they won't have a clue.....but it's worth bugging them.

Also, be sure to email mustang@ford.com This address has been setup specifically to answer queries on new Mustang orders, and details on tracking them. It's (wo)manned by Karen (who many here know) and Stacey. Both of them are doing a sterling job of keeping anxious orderers up to date :)

Tacklebury
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:07 pm
Name: Simon
Year Of Mustang: 2015
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Tacklebury » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:
Tacklebury wrote:Question is when will this be released???

I ordered on 7th of Feb and desperately want to order grabber blue but currently Ford Uk won't allow me...

Another question is will a delivery of around November be a MY17 car???



Good question!

We can, for now, only go on what information is available to the US market:

03/04/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Date
03/24/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
6/01/2016 - 2016MY Job Last Date
04/04/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
04/14/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
06/02/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date


My assumption is that Ford UK won't submit an order for a Grabber Blue '17 because even in the US, they can't do that yet. Therefore, I assume we'll fall roughly in line with the US and new orders will only be "submitted" after 4th April 2016. I say "submitted" as in your dealer submits your order to Ford US. Right now, I suspect your order has gone no further than your dealer. I would also assume (from a post by Andy Barratt (Ford MD) on another forum) that the next batch of RHD builds will be in May/June time......again, this fits in with the change over to the '17MY. So, I'd be pretty confident that once your order is submitted, the car you get in November will be a Grabber Blue '17MY.

Personally, I'd go back to your dealer and see if what I've said makes sense. Chances are (sadly) they won't have a clue.....but it's worth bugging them.

Also, be sure to email mustang@ford.com This address has been setup specifically to answer queries on new Mustang orders, and details on tracking them. It's (wo)manned by Karen (who many here know) and Stacey. Both of them are doing a sterling job of keeping anxious orderers up to date :)


Top reply mate, very much appreciated.

I have been told Comp Orange is no longer available to order, that is my first choice. Apparently around 1st Feb Ford Uk were told no more CO orders allowed....

As you say sadly Ford in Eastleigh have no information or at least none they were willing to share with me!

I'm told my order is placed but not showing yet. I hope by April to have a confirmed build date but maybe i'm being optimistic.

You've given me hope for the grabber blue though, appreciate your reply.

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 pm

No problem, glad to be of help.

Yep, Competition Orange, Guard Green and Deep Impact blue will not be available for the '17MY. This was posted on one of the US forums and, to their credit, Ford UK picked up on this pretty quickly. Those colours will be replaced with Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue (a lighter metallic blue than DIB) and a white platinum metallic.

Your best bet for now though, would be to drop an email to the link I posted above. I'm sure Karen and Stacey will get back to you as quickly as possible. They may ask for a few extra details (The Ford Dealership you purchased your Mustang through and the order number to check. If you have a VIN already that would be the best info ), but they'll get you the information MUCH quicker than the dealer. They are based out of Warley HQ in Essex.

Belly
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 am
Name: Mark Bell
Year Of Mustang: 2016
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Belly » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Do you know whether the 17 cars will have Sync 3 as standard? Ta

User avatar
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Posts: 7996
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: '17MY - The official changes

Postby Twin Turbo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Belly wrote:Do you know whether the 17 cars will have Sync 3 as standard? Ta


Yep, Sync 3 as standard for '17MY :rock


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron