Posted back to UK - Conversion Query

Buying from abroad or selling to another country.
Forum rules
Arkady001
Name: Rob
Year Of Mustang: 1968
Location: Exmouth, Devon / Aldershot, Hants & Iserlohn, NRW, Germany

Re: Posted back to UK - Conversion Query

Postby Arkady001 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 pm

*bump/edit* again:

Spoke too soon...DVLA have rejected the German EU Type Approval paperwork because (and you'll love this...) they couldn't read it...

I have to get another Certificate from the company that did the conversion, but this time in English...

What a farce! Why tell you that EU paperwork is valid and then reject it on the grounds that it's in another language - what did they expect?

I may as well bring the damn car over and get it SVA'd in the UK as it'll be easier in the long run...
I wanted some smoked angle-eye headlights and corner lights anyway... :lol:

Looks like I'll be putting those smoked Mondeo side-repeaters I have sat in the basement onto the car after all...

Have now emailed a couple of dealers in the UK who carry out SVA conversions and asked how much for just the side-repeaters - assuming all other conversion work is up to spec - and prep the car for registration...

So to all of you who were thinking 'Just wait, you smug git' - it looks as though it's all gone Pete Tong after all... :cry:

benny.c
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 1971

Postby benny.c » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:20 pm

It's not like the DVLA to over complicate things :roll:

Arkady001
Name: Rob
Year Of Mustang: 1968
Location: Exmouth, Devon / Aldershot, Hants & Iserlohn, NRW, Germany

Postby Arkady001 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 pm

The Vehicle Certification Agency in Bristol has confirmed that the German EU Gutachten is not valid, so I do have to get the vehicle checked and certified by an SVA inspector

Good news is that hopefully all I need to do is install side-repeaters, assuming the German conversion is up to spec...

More bloody expense - I was hoping to defer this until next year at least when the first MOT is due...

Return to “Import/Export”