Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Berkshire Meet - Saturday 19th August 2017

Postby Twin Turbo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:13 pm

:)

Saturday 19th August

11am for a midday lunch

Skinners Green Lane, Enborne, Newbury. RG20 0HG.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cravenarmsenborne/
Menu: http://www.thecravenarmsenborne.com/...Main-Menu.html

remastered
Year Of Mustang: None

Re: Berkshire Meet - Saturday 19th August 2017

Postby remastered » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:09 am

Hi all..I am going to try and get to this one, although I have not got a 5.0 V8 Mustang yet (I am debating to wait for the new 2018 Model) I would really be interested to see a few cars together and how they sound and look and meet the enthusiasts, if this is ok?

I will be in a Ford (Mondeo XS) as said before and may bring a camera for a few photos (new hobby). I probably will only have a quick snack as off out after as I am about 1hr 30mins away (approx).

Will there be a few of the latest models there that are 'stock' or have all been 'modded'... :cow

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

remastered wrote:Hi all..I am going to try and get to this one, although I have not got a 5.0 V8 Mustang yet (I am debating to wait for the new 2018 Model) I would really be interested to see a few cars together and how they sound and look and meet the enthusiasts, if this is ok?

I will be in a Ford (Mondeo XS) as said before and may bring a camera for a few photos (new hobby). I probably will only have a quick snack as off out after as I am about 1hr 30mins away (approx).

Will there be a few of the latest models there that are 'stock' or have all been 'modded'... :cow

If Richard turns up, he's stock, but 99% have been modded in some way shape or form. Albeit, some you'd hardly be able to tell (painted engine covers etc)

remastered

Postby remastered » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Thank you @Manders Mustang..I really like them modded, it just would be nice to see how they roll out the factory..I know how hard it is to keep cars Stock. Especially this sort of car. :mrgreen:

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 pm

remastered wrote:
Manders Mustang wrote:
remastered wrote:Hi all..I am going to try and get to this one, although I have not got a 5.0 V8 Mustang yet (I am debating to wait for the new 2018 Model) I would really be interested to see a few cars together and how they sound and look and meet the enthusiasts, if this is ok?

If Richard turns up, he's stock, but 99% have been modded in some way shape or form. Albeit, some you'd hardly be able to tell (painted engine covers etc)

Thank you @Manders Mustang..I really like them modded, it just would be nice to see how they roll out the factory..I know how hard it is to keep cars Stock. Especially this sort of car. :mrgreen:

It's in the blood... Mine, and a few others wont be the cars to look at for stock, mine looks at least somewhat sedate compared to some of the mods people have done (Wide arch kits, giant splitters, diffusers, cannards, etc.)

amauvis

Postby amauvis » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:57 am

Hello, Newbie here.

Gutted I missed this, I'm only up the road. Having said that, the Craven Arms is known for wasps in August :)

I don't have a Mustang but I've been interested ever since I was in Byfleet about 10 years ago, getting a Mobridge bluetooth/ipod thingy fitted to my car and encountering a Mustang importer round the back. Then of course they hit the roads in RHD form a couple of years back and it took it up a notch or two. This August, I holidayed in the US, and rented a vert. I was expecting a 5.0 and was gutted when I ended up in an ecoboost, but Alamo didn't have any 5.0's.

That said, I was properly impressed with it. It sounds better than any four-pot deserves to sound, and I really like the sound of it on full chat. Nippy too. I came away from that experience thinking that if I was to buy one instead of the 5.0, I wouldn't end up paying the 40K plus tax, road tax would be more manageable at £305 a year and I could get a reasonable distance between fill ups, and (without research) I imagine the FI engine may respond well to a remap if I decided that 310bhp wasn't enough.

I have a difficulty though. I'm approaching 50 and I keep my cars long term. Really long term. To put that into context, I have owned 8 cars in my life, and I still own four of them. Fairly boring though, the usual mix of German/Japanese with an Italian thrown in for good measure. Not that the latter is exotic, it's a Punto, but it is a vert, and it's mint despite its next birthday being its 20th. I have a Mazda Bongo import for transporting legions of kids, the dog and the occasional camping trip, and two BMW 5 series (528i and 535d), both bought new, both mint-ish and aged 19 and 11 respectively.

I can park four cars reasonably comfortably but 5 would be a pain. Buying another car without selling one would be a hard sell to the domestic boss, although she is in agreement that we should extend the driveway and add another 2-3 carport but there are other projects vying for funds, and this hasn't got to the top of the list.

So, given that I won't sell any of my cars (they're worth pennies anyway) because I believe they have souls ;) and need to resolve parking infrastructure and domestic boss buy-in issues, I don't think I am going to rush off to the dealer just yet, but it would have been nice to turn up and gaze wistfully at everyone else's 'stangs.

Return to “August 2017”