The new ride

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Forum rules
Bullitt66
Name: Dave Thacker
Year Of Mustang: 2016

The new ride

Postby Bullitt66 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi all, just wanted to say Hello.

After seeing the videos of the 2019 Bullitt reveal in the Detroit show, I thought 'I have to have one'.

I contacted Ford UK who were of zero use. No plans to import it to the UK, no commitments, no pre orders, what a missed marketing opportunity IMO

TBH even if Ford had a pre order book, a new good spec V8 is pushing £45k, so realistically the 2019 Bullitt would be pushing £50k. That's getting to be one expensive car for a working man.

So after hours wasted on the AutoTrader, Piston heads etc, I am now the proud owner of a 2016 guard green Stang, which is probably the closest I will get to Bullitt edition, or Steve McQueen :D

Thankfully theres not too many black Dodge Chargers in my local Sainsburys car park (see the vid clip below...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW60y2x3x0w

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Re: The new ride

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 pm

fun tidbit, that's steve mcqueens granddaughter molly in the scene.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 am

Bullitt66 wrote:Hi all, just wanted to say Hello.

After seeing the videos of the 2019 Bullitt reveal in the Detroit show, I thought 'I have to have one'.

I contacted Ford UK who were of zero use. No plans to import it to the UK, no commitments, no pre orders, what a missed marketing opportunity IMO

TBH even if Ford had a pre order book, a new good spec V8 is pushing £45k, so realistically the 2019 Bullitt would be pushing £50k. That's getting to be one expensive car for a working man.

So after hours wasted on the AutoTrader, Piston heads etc, I am now the proud owner of a 2016 guard green Stang, which is probably the closest I will get to Bullitt edition, or Steve McQueen :D

Thankfully theres not too many black Dodge Chargers in my local Sainsburys car park (see the vid clip below...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW60y2x3x0w

Welcome aboard.

Wouldn't take much to make your own Bullitt replica now....

Did you go GT or Ecoboost?

Bullitt66
Name: Dave Thacker

Postby Bullitt66 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 pm

I did ponder over that question.

The eco is a tremendous work of engineering, and if you're doing any kind of serious annual mileage, undoubtedly its the sensible choice.

But my mate summed it this way.
Whenever someone asks 'what car do you drive', & you say a Mustang, the next question is always 'V8?'. If you answer that with no its the eco, a little piece of you dies, every time...

So its a daft full fat GT V8 for me. I guess its all about the dream, and my dreams aren't sensible.

If after a year the 'real world' fuel costs prove too crippling, I can always flip it & buy an eco :)

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 am

Your mate is right.

And so are you! :)

Return to “Welcome”