Hello from Hertfordshire

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Skinnyman
Name: Dave
Year Of Mustang: None

Hello from Hertfordshire

Postby Skinnyman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am

Hi all

Just a few words of introduction.

I don't (yet) have a Mustang but I'm in the process of selling my house and moving up to North Lincolnshire - and part of that move includes the acquisition of a Mustang. Which will make a change from the Volvo V70 I commute in at the moment :D

To be honest, I was looking at the Toyota GT86, the 370Z or even an MX-5 - definitely not a Mustang. But about 6 weeks ago I was pulling into the services off the A1M at Baldock and I followed a GT in Magnetic and fell in love instantly. The sheer presence of that car is astonishing and I loved watching little boys' faces as it drove past them.

So, here I am - got an offer on the house and as soon as the contracts are exchanged I'll be putting my order in.

My current thinking is to go for a Magnetic GT with the saddle leather interior and the custom pack. I am really, really tempted to put stripes on it - but I may be sensible and leave them off for now; I can always get them put on afterwards.

The local dealer here is T C Harrison and up north it's Evans Halshaw - does anyone have experience (good or bad) with either of them? I've still to decide who to place the order though so I'd appreciate any thoughts or experiences you can share.

So that's me and my story - please bear with me as I ask the inevitable newbie questions.

Cheers

Dave

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: Hello from Hertfordshire

Postby badhand » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Welcome aboard!

Wise choice over all those other terrible girl's cars. There's no competition really...

Although I note they're all rear wheel drive so I can see why they were on your list. :D

Kristian87
Name: Kristian
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby Kristian87 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Ahh yes, the instant attraction of that Magnetic paint work. I remember fondly flicking through photos and when I saw the first one in Magnetic with the black wheels, that was it!

One note from me - I expect you will be too late/lucky to get a 2015-17 GT if that is specifically what you are after. Ford have either stopped taking orders or will do so any day I expect. The 2018 refresh looks awesome but quite different in the looks dept to the 15-17.

Unless of course I can tempt you with my stunningly beautiful Magnetic Ecoboost - yours for a good price ;) can't bloody give the thing away at the moment lol

Great choice and welcome to the forum :)

Skinnyman
Name: Dave
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Skinnyman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks guys. I figured I'd be too late for the current model but because of the whole sell-the-house-first thing that he wife is insisting on I guess it'll be well into MY18 production by the time I order. If I don't care for the new model in the flesh I'll just have to "settle" for a late model MY17 car. Oh dear, what a shame....

My only concern is that the saddle leather interior seems quite rare so I may have to compromise....

Still, let's get the money in the bank and then see what's what.

From what I can tell. It's worth gong for a car with sync3. Anything else I should look out for?

Cheers

Dave

Return to “Welcome”