New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:55 am

Hi, thanks for adding me to the group. I'm in Glasgow and I'm currently waiting impatiently to take delivery of my Mustang. I've ordered a race red Ecoboost with the custom pack from Evans Halshaw in Glasgow. I ordered it on 12 Feb and last week I emailed Ford who gave me the VIN and told me the car had its engine fitted on Thursday 6 Apr which according to the window sticker is the blend date. It should have left the factory on Monday 10 Apr and Ford have said it'll take between 7 - 10 days to reach Baltimore.

It'll be a daily driver for me and I'm already planning some mods! Looking to fit axle backs, most likely Roush as as far as I can tell from YouTube they have the sound I'm looking for. Possibly an AirRaid CAI and tune.

I've spoken to Mike Allan from American Muscle and I'll book in with him for the work. Will be using him for servicing too.

Cheers,

Eddie.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: New member

Postby badhand » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:37 am

Welcome Eddie. Bet you can't wait.

You'll be alright with Mike there. But don't let him talk you into any meets with 'the Suspects'... :shock:

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

Hey Eddie,

Sounds good, the Roush AB sounds nice on a GT, however, on an ecoboost I'm yet to hear one in the flesh, I personally run a magnaflow competition on mine, and compared to the others I've heard it's the best sounding one. But I'm bias, it's the deepest and bassy--est sounding exhaust you can put on the ecoboost.

Just for the sake of keeping your car protected and not screwing it up, I kind of end up saying this to everyone:
CAI on an ecoboost is a no go, they're useless, they actually lose power because it chokes the turbo. Spend the money on the following:
High flow filter (K&N/AFE etc), Air Raid Intake Tube and a Velossa Tech Big Mouth, that'll provide the best and optimal air flow into the car. This has been proven by multiple tuners, and the stats don't lie. Fastest Ecoboost in the world runs on the stock air box.
Also before tuning always change the intercooler, the stock intercooler on this car is trash and heatsoaks like a mofo, when the car is tuned it heatsoaks even more so, and loses more power, optimal route is the 'air intake' and Intercooler BEFORE tuning.

Anyway, keep us updated with the build thread.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks for the welcome and the advice MM. Much appreciated. I didn't realise the CAI was ineffective on an ecoboost. Seen loads getting fitted on YouTube. Intercooler sounds expensive, lol! Not sure what tuning to get. I'm worried about it invalidating the warranty. I'd also like to drive the car for a while to see how it is in stock form before deciding on what I'd like.

Ant379
Name: Anthony

Postby Ant379 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi, Rooster

Go with with who you wish but I have an Ecoboost and let it run as stock for a month or two before purchasing the COBB accessport to stage 1. The difference is certainly noticeable and also enables Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting and Burn Out mode, all of which I haven't used. (Manual Car).

I have heard you can get other tunes that may give you a little bit of HP here and there but I like the confidence and reliability of COBB and their established history to feel comfortable I wont blow the engine.

Like you, it is a daily driver and the COBB tune does not affect MPG - even up to stage 3. Expect to average 26-27mpg (Information over 7500 miles 50/50 traffic / town / motorway driving while having fun and chillin').

To tune the car is a DIY job and very easy to do - VERY EASY. You can uninstall to stock at any time you wish and as far as COBB are aware, there is no indication Ford can tell if it has been tune if it was reverted back to stock.

Subaruwrxfan - you tube has some great video reviews on the software among others.

Hope that helps

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Ant379, thanks for your reply. Have you done anything else to the car? I had always assumed that the ecu would hold a record of any changes made? I don't think I'll be looking for top end power from any tune. More responsive and usuable at lower revs.

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi, Rooster

The car is certainly more responsive. You have 5 way map switch that you can change while driving. I always have it on the highest. (lowest being stock).

The turbo kicks in a lot sooner and at stock, the turbo can boost to 14psi (don't know the terminology) with the Stage 1 Cobb tune, it boosts to 21-22psi from memory.

Cobb Stage 1 comes with a high flow air filter that slots in place of the stock duvet cover the car comes with.

The only other Mod I have done is have a Catch Can installed. Apparently, it catches oil vapour that can enter the pistons and clog up the injectors and at worst, enter the crank shaft.

(Pardon my mechanical terminology, I am trying to remember the actual problems these performance engines can cause without the catch can).

The catch can is not a half hour job as You Tube suggests. It's an absolute arse and the car requires jacking up on a proper ramp.

Ant

Ant379

Postby Ant379 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi, Rooster

I have just emptied my catch can this minute after a further 1400 miles from the last time I emptied it and it had about 7-8 mil of oil in the can.

More or less consistent with the first empty after 1100 miles. (Proportionally)

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Had to Google what a catch can was. Lol! I'd heard of it from YouTube but didn't know anything about it. It's something I'll discuss with Mike. The carbon build up seems a problem with all DI cars.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Got an update from Karen today. My car arrived at the Baltimore docks on 20 Apr. I hoping it will be a ship very soon.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Got an email from Karen today. My car arrived in Liverpool on 7 June, so although the dealer was given a delivery date of 24 June it should hopefully arrive sooner. She says she's asked for it to be moved asap so fingers crossed for a quick turnaround.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Well my car left Liverpool today so should be in the dealer's holding site by now. Hopefully be with me in a few days!

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 am

Saw my car at the dealer's yesterday. Still to be PDI'd but looks fab and should collect her on Thursday.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Collected my car today. Unfortunately the bonnet is slightly out of alignment and I found a stone chip on the nearside rear arch. The body shop will look at the bonnet on Saturday and check the condition (or lack of) the underseal. Other than that I'm really happy with it.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Hood doesn't fit because it's a Ford. :)

Return to “Welcome”