My Order Timeline

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
IanLondon
Name: Ian
Year Of Mustang: 2016

My Order Timeline

Postby IanLondon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am

Thought some of you might be interested in my order timeline - or what I hope will be the timeline.

Order date 30 December 2016
Order number advised on 8 March 2017 - thank you Karen/Stacey
Build date 17 April as advised by dealer. Which seems unlikely given that is Easter Monday. So I will ask Karen/Stacey to check for me.
Delivery to me by end June says the dealer.

So if the dates above work out that is a six month order to delivery. Not sure I believe that yet but I live in hope !!

And thanks to the extremely helpful post by MM "Detailed Order Process" I know that a build date should give me a VIN. And then the real stalking of my car can begin.

I have ordered the GT coupe in solid red with automatic transmission, kept the black wheels and trim and added the Shaker 3 sat nav and stereo upgrade.

The car will be based just off the A23 north of Croydon heading into London. Not yet seen one in my area but am keeping my eyes - and ears - open.

IanLondon

Re: My Order Timeline

Postby IanLondon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 am

Quick update as follows ................

According to the Window Sticker today is the day my car is created on the assembly line by some nice men in Flatrock. Hopefully they are sleeping well at the moment and wake up ready to go to the factory and screw the right bits to each other!!

Yep, I am starting to believe the car will appear on my drive in the not too distant future - now measured in weeks rather than months. :D

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

IanLondon wrote:Quick update as follows ................

According to the Window Sticker today is the day my car is created on the assembly line by some nice men in Flatrock. Hopefully they are sleeping well at the moment and wake up ready to go to the factory and screw the right bits to each other!!

Yep, I am starting to believe the car will appear on my drive in the not too distant future - now measured in weeks rather than months. :D

Yes weeks being 12... or in quicker terms 3 months ;)!

A long 3 months at that! Have a read of the order process, hopefully moves through on 7 weeks rather than 12 but the current average is just over 10 weeks (closer to 11) and with some of the people ordering being held back by dealers, looking at 14-16 weeks currently, but those hold backs are dealer,s need to get them on a leash and make sure they bring it up for you when you need it, not when it suits them ;)!

sfallon36
Name: Steve Fallon
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby sfallon36 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am

My order timeline is:

Ordered 1 Sep 16
Built 2 Feb 17
Loaded on vessel 23 Mar 17
Arrived Zeebruge 2 Apr 17

Just waiting for it to go to Southampton and be picked up by dealer. They are currently giving me a delivery date of 6 May 17, but I'll be pushing that if I can.

I'm not sure how much you can take away from it except a broad timeline appreciation. I've seen others have a much shorter delivery time from build.

IanLondon

Postby IanLondon » Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 am

Without wishing to jinx the matter ........ more good news.

After being built on 20 April the car moved to Baltimore and onto the vessel Figaro. This ship is due into Zeebruge on 21 May. One month from build to arrival in Europe I am very happy with. :D

And as ever Karen has been providing accurate and timely feedback. Plus to be fair to my dealer they have also been on the ball to date.

But before I sing the dealers praises to much the time is approaching when they will have to earn the praise, their money and my gratitude. I will let you know whether they pass or fail.

Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Rooster » Sun May 21, 2017 9:35 am

My car is also on the Figaro which hopefully docked in Zeebrugge this morning. However, I've heard nothing from my dealer since the day I ordered. Going to go to a Ford Dreamscience event today at another branch of the dealer so hopefully I can get some information from them.

IanLondon

Postby IanLondon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:00 am

Despite my optimism of a month ago I have to tell you that my car is still in Zeebrugge.

So from the build date, to transport to Baltimore, to cross the Atlantic, to off-load in Zeebrugge took a month.

And from off-load to now another month!! I understand there is final/Europrean prep to be done plus some pieces of paperwork to complete but really .......... a whole month sitting in a compound in Zeebrugge. Come on Ford get it together.

Dealer tells me his pushing "Ford Transport". Karen said she hoped it would come over last w/e but it clearly didn't.

Advice to self - deep breath and think positive. And wait.

IanLondon

Postby IanLondon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Final update to give those interested an indication of the order times I experienced.

You will know from previous posts my car arrived in Zeebruge on May 21st.

And there it sat until July 15th when it was moved to Southampton. Nobody explained why, although from posts on the Forum I know there will have been some work done to it by Ford and I guess some import paperwork.

Dealer collected it Sunday 16th July and said I could collect on Tuesday 18th.

In fact I told dealer not to rush the pre-delivery work and I collected it Wedsnesday 26th.

I am extremely pleased with it ......... but at the moment the time in Zeebruge still rankles. But I am sure I will look back in the years ahead with a wry grin :?

Return to “Welcome”