New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Forum rules
Dante
Name: Chris
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby Dante » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am

Hi All

New mustang owner, picking up on Monday can not wait, normally I hate Mondays but this one can't come soon enough lol, :D

A little about my car history being only 27years old iv have owned a 57 Astra VXR and swapped that for a 15 focus st-3 but having trouble with the passenger door closing yesterday morning I had to take it to fords to look at, and that's when I feel in love with a 65plate mustang having looked at a few at ford fair last few years I joking said to the salesman if you can get it for me for this price I'll have.. he came back and it was only £5 more a month than I wanted.

About the car it's 65reg and has covered just over 5,000 miles I will be the second owner it's the 5.0l GT version , but when I looked at new it was £7000 more than this car and had everything I wanted on it already so I took the plunge and got that one. Must of been fate my st going wrong.

Anyway I look forward to talking and hopefully meeting some of you. Anybody live Essex way near lakeside shopping centre if you would be so kind in to keeping me informed of meets etc locally.

Bluestang
Name: Bill
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: New Member

Postby Bluestang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Zowie, Bowie, WOWIE HOWIE. Looking good Chris. Great to hear of the family history. Looking forward to your future posts :)

Bluestang
Name: Bill

Postby Bluestang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 pm

DOOOOOH !!! Posted on wrong topic there as above. Like you say, it's almost as if fate intervened, it must be meant. That happened to me once, I went to view an 1800cc Mondeo at £6,000 and walked out of the showroom having signed up for a brand new ST 220 Congratulations, you will love it. :syda

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Welcome aboard mate. You're gonna love owning a Mustang. Nothing like it.

:rock

Dante

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:08 pm

So iv just been to pick up my mustang iv got the biggest grin of my life right now lol, i have found out by the dealer it had these upgrades done already

Mustang 5.0 GT fastback with numerous professionally fitted upgrades including Eibach lowering springs, Eibach spacers, rear spoiler, twin shaded 'cobra' stripes, quickshift, Roush exhaust with balance pipe & adjustable valves to alter the sound, uprated billet gearbox mount, Roush induction kit, LED foglamps & side marker lamps, uprated rear bushes on rear suspension & differential, billet rear suspension camber arms, uprated rear anti roll bar, additional underbody braces front & rear for extra strength, new high quality oils in gearbox & differential, upgraded throttle module, remap.

Anyone know what she gonna be running roughly or should I go get her dyno tested??

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Postby Manders Mustang » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Dante wrote:So iv just been to pick up my mustang iv got the biggest grin of my life right now lol, i have found out by the dealer it had these upgrades done already

Mustang 5.0 GT fastback with numerous professionally fitted upgrades including Eibach lowering springs, Eibach spacers, rear spoiler, twin shaded 'cobra' stripes, quickshift, Roush exhaust with balance pipe & adjustable valves to alter the sound, uprated billet gearbox mount, Roush induction kit, LED foglamps & side marker lamps, uprated rear bushes on rear suspension & differential, billet rear suspension camber arms, uprated rear anti roll bar, additional underbody braces front & rear for extra strength, new high quality oils in gearbox & differential, upgraded throttle module, remap.

Anyone know what she gonna be running roughly or should I go get her dyno tested??

Dyno her, depends really on the tune, as really it's only the CAI (roush induction kit as they called it), and the Tune that'll produce power.
Shifter, all the other stuff is performance, but in a sense of handling and speed of the box etc.

My guess is about 440-450 ish. Depends who has tuned it really.

Sounds like one hell of a car! :rock

(POST pics!)

Harebear72
Name: Phil Hare

Postby Harebear72 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Where about are you based mate ?

I live local to lakeside so will have to keep an eye out for you.

What dealer did you get your car from ?

Maybe see you around. I have a DIB GT.

Cheers

Dante

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Harebear72 wrote:Where about are you based mate ?

I live local to lakeside so will have to keep an eye out for you.

What dealer did you get your car from ?

Maybe see you around. I have a DIB GT.

Cheers

I also live very local to lakeside, maybe we could arrange a meet up somewhere for a tea/coffee and just talk mustangs lol

Pic will come tomorrow as was dark by the time I pick her up and wanna get some during daylight to post

Dante

Postby Dante » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

I think I figured out how to upload pictures hope this works

Harebear72
Name: Phil Hare

Postby Harebear72 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 pm

If you are in Essex area I wonder looking at that car if it was a guy on another forum called Ian.

Will have try a meet up.

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Harebear72 wrote:If you are in Essex area I wonder looking at that car if it was a guy on another forum called Ian.

Will have try a meet up.

Might be Ian Whuu's, I'll save the out of context jokes for off this forum ;)!

The mod list definitely sounds like his!

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Dante, i've just spoken to the previous owner who did most of the mods (and actually removed a whole load more before he sold the car).

What it's got on it is:
Stripes
Lowering Springs
Spoiler
Exhaust (no idea if it's active, don't think it is... :axe )
LED fog lamp (DRL!)
LED reverse light

He said "Look at the pictures, there's no CAI (roush induction kit whatever the beejezus that is, if it was a CAI it'd look different).
Balance pipe he hasn't a clue what that is, (same goes for me lol).
As for the Remap, he said it's never been remapped - so it'll produce stock BHP
"Throttle remap, upgraded oils, spacers quickshift, bushed etc, no way, lol" was also what he said.

I'd go back on your dealer if he tried to sell it you by saying all of those were on it, and especially if you've told your insurance that all of these are on it - because most, aren't. :roll: !

(Really sorry to burst your bubble!)

Return to “Welcome”