Notts mustang owner

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Forum rules
mustangfroggy
Name: Wayne
Year Of Mustang: 1965

Notts mustang owner

Postby mustangfroggy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi all, new to the forum, and new to mustang ownership.

After 16 years of drooling over a classic mustang ive finally treated myself to a 1965 302 mustang coupe, Im only 31 so its odd owning a car much older than myself-i can say its probably in better condition than me already too!

Its an honest car, has its issues, and not perfect, but after building my own kit car and loving to get stuck in and improve things has already seen me stripping most of the interior, and giving it a deep clean, ive also been tidying up the wiring and tucking it away so its nice and tidy in the engine bay.

Near future mods will be replacement instrument bezel, completing the started sound system, front and rear 3 point seat belts and then after running it for a year i think i'll tear it down for a full respray.

Are there any mustang owners in the midlands at all? Would be good to meet up with other owners to share hints and tips!

Will possibly start a build diary on here if i like the looks of this forum after having a look around.

Wayne.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: Notts mustang owner

Postby badhand » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard Wayne.

Good to have some more classic metal around the place.

Get some pics up and YES to the build diary. :rock

Bluestang
Name: Bill
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Bluestang » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Wayne
Welcome aboard. You've taken on some job there, however, you've done the difficult bit in identifying as you say an 'honest' car then taking the plunge. It will be worth every minute of your toil, fantastic cars. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come :D

mustangfroggy
Name: Wayne
Year Of Mustang: 1965

Postby mustangfroggy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am

And here he is...yes I say he...Basically when I bought the car in the UK there were a couple of receipts from the previous owner from ohio, my wife managed to track down the family and we found that Mr Howard sadly passed away in 2011 after owning the car since the late 80's. It was a much loved car with the sounds of things and the family used it for their proms etc and went out to swap meets buying replacement parts, they all loved the car and it was a love that Mr Howard shared with his wife, kids and brother. They are chuffed to bits to hear the car has come to a loving family but sad too that it is no longer in there posession, therefore we have called our lovely stang 'howie', after Mr Howard.
We just love the history and potential stories the car could tell, I loved entering the vin number and finding out the original options and colour, so far after only about 8 weeks of ownership I'm in love with the car, and don't see myself ever being able to sell it, My 4 year old son even told santa that he would like a mustang like daddies! And when I tuck him up in bed he tells me he loves me like a million mustangs!
So, so far, owning a mustang has been awesome to say the least, even after seeing the mess of wires under the dash whilst wiring in a new stereo! Haha!
Here's the car as I bought it, it's a little different already as various parts have been spruced up but i'll post these on my build diary once I start it.

Bluestang
Name: Bill
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby Bluestang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Zowie, Bowie, WOWIE HOWIE. Looking good Chris. Great to hear of the family history. Looking forward to your future posts :)

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Love it.

It's great to have that history too. Can't wait to see whee it goes from here...

Return to “Welcome”