New owner S550. Advice Please

New members, introduce yourself then get involved. Tell us about you and your Mustang.
Forum rules
Quinny28
Name: Sam Zegrour
Year Of Mustang: 2016

New owner S550. Advice Please

Postby Quinny28 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Just bought my first Mustang. It's a 2016 5.0 GT. I'm making a few modifications to the car and was looking for some advice if possible.

I've sent it off to be wrapped in Nardo Grey and have the windows tinted. Other than that all I'm thinking of doing at this point is upgrading the exhaust system and maybe some very slight body mods.

So my questions are:

What do people advise for Exhaust kits. I'm no expert on these matters but I've had a few V8s and I just feel like the mustang is a little quiet. If it helps or changes anything I like deep v8 gargle, nothing towards the screechy end of the spectrum. I'm seeing roush pop up a lot on my searches? Second to that does anyone have any advice for a good supplier/fitter near Manchester?(I actually live in Bury)

With regards body mods, this isn't a necessity but I just thought I'd see if anyone had any advice for subtle splitters or such like that go well on the car? I don't want anything that will look too moddy or aftermarket just something that gives it a bit of an edge.

What about wheels? Maybe same style as standard ones but 19 inch?

Finally has anyone else lowered the new mustang? Literally just thinking a slight touch down to give it more road presence? Any thoughts on this would be great. Again don't want it to be obvious and don't want it to kill the ride comfort and this is going to be my daily driver for next 6 months

Apart from that any advice on anything else would be much appreciated, I'm super excited to finally be part of the Stang Gang! Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

Sam

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... RD&page=10

Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Re: New owner S550. Advice Please

Postby Twin Turbo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Welcome Sam......a mighty fine choice of Mustang :rock

Now, any mods are going to be personal preference, so you'll likely get a few different answers. The Roush axle back does sound great (make sure it's the single pipe each side, as the quads require a new rear valance). If you go for a cat-back, a system with an "H" pipe will give you that classic rumble you seem to like. Both MRT and Stainless Works offer H-pipe systems (have a listen on YouTube).

Lowering....again, plenty of choice. Eibach always have a good rep and might be what I'd go for. A few of the guys here are running Pedders suspension and are very happy.

As for who to use in the Midlands? A bit South from you, but Mike at Modurstang is an obvious choice. There are a few others, but most seem to be based in the South East.

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Welcome and congrats on your pony.

These would be my first mods.

Borla S Type cat back Exhaust, Nemsis UK
Steeda Bonnett struts, Steeda UK
GT350 steering wheel , Ebay USA
USA rear GT badge and decklid, Ebay USA
JLT oil catch can, American Muscle USA

Other mods/extras to consider.

Rear red marker lights diode, Steeda UK
Rear red light tints . Anchor room
Ceramic coating from detailer
Black wheel nuts if black alloys
Steeda cold air intake
wheel spacers
steeda progressive springs
GT350 track or stock spoiler

That will get you on your way :cow

spogshd
Name: Craig
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby spogshd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:01 am

Welcome, like you I dont want to many changes, just subtle ones, like the post above says, im going for the cat back MRT for the deep rumble that I used to get from my 69, I dont like the raspy sound. Ive gone for the red tints and the roush side scoops, again just to give it the classic look. Then the only other mod will be to get the tribars working with sequential indicators, then thats me done until I can afford a full shelby makeover. I should have the exhaust next week so when I put it on if you want to know how it sounds get in your car and come to Stockport and you can listen for real. :jook

Quinny28
Name: Sam Zegrour

Postby Quinny28 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks for your input everyone. I'll keep you posted on my choices.

Currently being wrapped in nardo with black splitters, mirrors etc.

Then booked into Modurstang in December for Steeda progressive springs, spacers and a borla S type axle back with black tips.

Anyone have any thoughts on any of that?

Thanks

Sam

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve

Postby Manders Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Quinny28 wrote:Thanks for your input everyone. I'll keep you posted on my choices.

Then booked into Modurstang in December for Steeda progressive springs, spacers and a borla S type axle back with black tips.

Thanks

Sam

Sounds good, insurance were cunts to be with wrapping the car. Nardo grey looks really good with carbon by the way. If dropping may wish to consider spacers.

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Quinny28 wrote:Thanks for your input everyone. I'll keep you posted on my choices.

Thanks

Sam

Yep my thoughts are you made some good choices , keep us updated on your experience with the Steeeda progressive springs I'm considering a set. Cheers

P.s the GT350 steering wheel is my No 1 mod so keep it in mind :cow

Return to “Welcome”