Spotted

Have you seen another MFUK member, or just another Mustang on our great UK roads? Create a thread, see if they're here...
Forum rules
Gripper494
Name: Shaun
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Spotted

Postby Gripper494 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:56 am

So when we placed our order on the 13th February 2016 my Son Aaron and I have been looking for Mustangs all the time and have a game who can spot the most.

In the last 3 month we have seen none, Cars on transporters and at dealers have not counted in the game.

On Saturday we travelled north to see family.

1st spot Race Red EB soft top on Kingsway retail Park about 10.30
2nd spot in Littleborough couple of hours later Red fastback.
3rd spot another hour later Ruby Red fastback in Smallbridge.

Not sure if there was some kind of meet at Hollingworth lake ?

Sunday

Orbital retail park Swindon in the afternoon, Triple Yellow GT with black stripes.

They are like buses lol........

Shadow Pony

Re: Spotted

Postby Shadow Pony » Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Gripper494 wrote:So when we placed our order on the 13th February 2016 my Son Aaron and I have been looking for Mustangs all the time and have a game who can spot the most.

In the last 3 month we have seen none, Cars on transporters and at dealers have not counted in the game.

On Saturday we travelled north to see family.

1st spot Race Red EB soft top on Kingsway retail Park about 10.30
2nd spot in Littleborough couple of hours later Red fastback.
3rd spot another hour later Ruby Red fastback in Smallbridge.

Not sure if there was some kind of meet at Hollingworth lake ?

Sunday

Orbital retail park Swindon in the afternoon, Triple Yellow GT with black stripes.

They are like buses lol........

Hi Gripper ,

I ordered mu GT on the 26 th Feb 2016 . Spoke to Stacey and still no build date but she did say it was a MY17 .

Hoping it will be built in June , what have you been told or hoping ?

Cheers.

Gripper494

Postby Gripper494 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 am

Hi, still nothing from the dealer or Stacey re the build date. They have confirmed it will be a 17MY.

I did managed Friday to alter the spec with no impact on my original order date.

Just wish I could get a build date for early June so it's a September delivery.

I will be a little peed off if I start seeing later orders getting build dates. One would hope they are kept in date order.

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Wed May 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Gripper494 wrote:Hi, still nothing from the dealer or Stacey re the build date. They have confirmed it will be a 17MY.

I did managed Friday to alter the spec with no impact on my original order date.

Just wish I could get a build date for early June so it's a September delivery.

I will be a little peed off if I start seeing later orders getting build dates. One would hope they are kept in date order.

I'm hoping the same as you, September would be a bonus !

What spec change did you make and did you do that with Stacey or through your dealer ?

One of the hardest things is choosing the colour I think .

Gripper494

Postby Gripper494 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 pm

My original colour was CO with black wheels and black OTT stripes but as we put pen to paper in the dealers we where informed that 2 days before Ford had changed the colours. A little disappointed to say the least as the colour had taken us a full week to decide.

With this in mind I would like to think we should be at the front of the MY17 orders if we only moissed the change over by a couple of days.

We then had a quick look over photos on the web and the dealers cars and arrived at Triple Yellow but added the comfort pack. My Son who is 11 had his idea of the colour but sadly I took the plunge with a bolder colour. Never had a Yellow car before.

We where in the dealer in Swindon in March and they had the same car as our order with the silver wheels and it looks sooooooo good.

Last week I managed to call into Ford Bristol St in Birmingham and they has the TY with the Black OTT stripes as we had ordered but with black wheels.

I have been looking at the mods and to start I think I will be going for appearance changes rather than performance so was looking at additions in Black. It made more sense to have black wheels so made the change. I contacted Stacey first to make sure it could be done without joining the back of the queue.

After she confirmed I could make the change I sorted it out with Hartwell @ Oxford and received the new order detail on Monday with the original order date (The contract date on the order was over a week later than when I signed ?).

Totally agree that the colour choice was the hardest, I don't think there is actually a colour I would not have and the new additional colours especially the Grabber Blue also look awesome.

Not sure if its a good suggestion but I wonder if a topic on the forum could be started showing peoples order date and they can add too it as information becomes available. It would certainly give people an idea of how orders are progressing through the Ford system.

I did see somewhere that 6 months is now being quoted as a lead time

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 pm

I spoke to Think Ford Guildford yesterday and they're quoting 9 months+ at the moment...

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Wed May 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Gripper494 wrote:My original colour was CO with black wheels and black OTT stripes but as we put pen to paper in the dealers we where informed that 2 days before Ford had changed the colours. A little disappointed to say the least as the colour had taken us a full week to decide.

With this in mind I would like to think we should be at the front of the MY17 orders if we only moissed the change over by a couple of days.

We then had a quick look over photos on the web and the dealers cars and arrived at Triple Yellow but added the comfort pack. My Son who is 11 had his idea of the colour but sadly I took the plunge with a bolder colour. Never had a Yellow car before.

We where in the dealer in Swindon in March and they had the same car as our order with the silver wheels and it looks sooooooo good.

Last week I managed to call into Ford Bristol St in Birmingham and they has the TY with the Black OTT stripes as we had ordered but with black wheels.

I have been looking at the mods and to start I think I will be going for appearance changes rather than performance so was looking at additions in Black. It made more sense to have black wheels so made the change. I contacted Stacey first to make sure it could be done without joining the back of the queue.

After she confirmed I could make the change I sorted it out with Hartwell @ Oxford and received the new order detail on Monday with the original order date (The contract date on the order was over a week later than when I signed ?).

Totally agree that the colour choice was the hardest, I don't think there is actually a colour I would not have and the new additional colours especially the Grabber Blue also look awesome.

Not sure if its a good suggestion but I wonder if a topic on the forum could be started showing peoples order date and they can add too it as information becomes available. It would certainly give people an idea of how orders are progressing through the Ford system.

My original order was on the 5th Feb ordered a EB but then changed my order to a GT on the 25th of Feb so pretty chuffed as it meant I will get a MY17. The paper works sits on their desks for a while because when I changed my order she was like oh it might be to late but then she was like oh don't worry the original order has not left our premises yet !

I'm just going to email start of June to find out .

Shadow Pony

Postby Shadow Pony » Mon May 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Gripper494 wrote:My original colour was CO with black wheels and black OTT stripes but as we put pen to paper in the dealers we where informed that 2 days before Ford had changed the colours. A little disappointed to say the least as the colour had taken us a full week to decide.

Hey gripper any news of your build date yet ? I'm hoping it's going to be next month but they must be busy with the new MY17 .When do the dates get release for each build month any idea ?

Gripper494

Postby Gripper494 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:18 am

Still no news from either the dealer or Mustang.

From what I can see the orders are released in blocks.

The MY16 are all allocated and are built upto the 1st June.

MY17 start on the line 2nd June.

I would still be hoping for a June build date but the early RHD cars started could be for Australia.

With only 1 week left before the MY17 starts I would have thought Ford should now know the orders that will be built first but it feels like sharing information even if it's just to confirm no build dates is not the best.

I will be checking again with the dealer and Mustang probably on the 2nd June for more info.

The wait is still frustrating yet very very exciting at the same time.

Return to “Spotted”