Airraid Cold Air Intake Kits now available

jwracing

Airraid Cold Air Intake Kits now available

Postby jwracing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:46 am

Just to let everyone know we now have added Airaid cold air intake kits to our range

We have primarily added the main kit for bot EcoBoost and V8 GT S550 models but can get other models on request

take a look at our web page here http://j-w-racing.co.uk/section.php/4961/1/airaid

or Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/pg/JWRacing.co.uk/posts/?ref=page_internal for more information

any questions feel free to ask

cheers

Jason :D

Manders Mustang
Name: Steve
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Re: Airraid Cold Air Intake Kits now available

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:11 am

What would the price be on a custom kit, as, a Drop in filter (K&N, AFE) and Air Raid intake tube are better performance (by single digit BHP) than a CAI (FOR THE ECOBOOST ONLY). Or just the price of the intake tube on it's own. Definitely the best bang for buck?

jwracing

Postby jwracing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:03 pm

ive added the intake tubes to the range

wasn't sure if people wanted these on their own but as the first question was relating to that , it seems a good idea to add them

heres the EcoBoost version http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/11295/4961/airaid_modular_intake_tube_ford_mustang_2_3_ecoboost_2015_

cheers

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm

jwracing wrote:ive added the intake tubes to the range

wasn't sure if people wanted these on their own but as the first question was relating to that , it seems a good idea to add them

heres the EcoBoost version http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/11295/4961/airaid_modular_intake_tube_ford_mustang_2_3_ecoboost_2015_

cheers

Nice one, well for nayone wanting peak power, the intake tube with a drop In filter is the best bet for the ecoboost, totally useless doing the same for the GT when a CAI can dial up power power.

Good job getting this on quickly, i'll add it to the list ;)! Aesthetics mods are finishing this month, Power mods I'm gonna start building my list, got plugs coming, already have a Drop In filter, and then it's looking towards Intercooler and Air raid intake tube for a good set of gains pre tune.... Just got a second ecoboost that I'm working on with a friend that we're aiming to new block and run 600RWHP on. :hang :hang

jwracing

Postby jwracing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Wow , good luck with that one

my only advice , honestly would be , do not believe everything you read or here from our US friends

the power claims being made just don't happen on our pump fuel, my feeling is that a lot of the big gains being touted about are based on cars running high boost and high octane fuel ie. race fuel or E85

as we don't have E85 on our regular pumps and race fuel is not practical for everday use we wont see anywhere near the results they are claiming , ive proven it myself already

having said that at 100hp over the stock power unit the Eco Boost is great fun and I'm sure we wont be leaving the power level where it is , perhaps we can dive into this pool of financial desperation together :lol: :shock:

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:31 pm

jwracing wrote:Wow , good luck with that one

my only advice , honestly would be , do not believe everything you read or here from our US friends

the power claims being made just don't happen on our pump fuel, my feeling is that a lot of the big gains being touted about are based on cars running high boost and high octane fuel ie. race fuel or E85

as we don't have E85 on our regular pumps and race fuel is not practical for everday use we wont see anywhere near the results they are claiming , ive proven it myself already

having said that at 100hp over the stock power unit the Eco Boost is great fun and I'm sure we wont be leaving the power level where it is , perhaps we can dive into this pool of financial desperation together :lol: :shock:

Haha indeed, it'll need a port conversion, and to really run over the 600 we'll need e30 or e85 tune/conversion, but in most cases, we should be able to brake 600 to the wheel with the right mods and right tune in place, We're having to get a custom twin scroll turbo that's HUGE, a new block, giant intercooler (I'm gonna avoid names lol), Full intake rework, WGA, BOV (For the boost pressure), bigger sprayers, turboback catless, and same size thru pipe/to mufflers. Got a cervini stalker hood to go on it, looking at some other 'exterior mods' to make it look pretty, but the aim is 600's. :hang

Although so far it has... carbon interior :lol: :lol:

jwracing

Postby jwracing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

was talking to a guy about the Cervini Stalker hood the other day , maybe it was your friend ?

I advised him to buy direct in the end , Cervini are so tight on discounts that theres no point trying to bring their goods in , people can do it themselves for better money

cheers

Manders Mustang

Postby Manders Mustang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 pm

jwracing wrote:was talking to a guy about the Cervini Stalker hood the other day , maybe it was your friend ?

I advised him to buy direct in the end , Cervini are so tight on discounts that theres no point trying to bring their goods in , people can do it themselves for better money

cheers

It's actually a take off from another friend who's replacing his with a full carbon replica. Getting it for just over £700. Then it'll need re spraying or wrapping as it's yellow at the minute. Still deciding on colour of the car, we're exhausting all avenues to try and get fords liquid blue on it, or find the paint code, some how, as it's bleeding gorgeous. :lol:

Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Rooster » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Going to have to show my ignorance here. CAI's come with the choice of dry or oiled filters. What's the difference? (apologies for what is probably a dumb question!)

Rooster
Name: Eddie
Year Of Mustang: None

Postby Rooster » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Rooster wrote:Going to have to show my ignorance here. CAI's come with the choice of dry or oiled filters. What's the difference? (apologies for what is probably a dumb question!)

Had a look online, it's seems the performance is very similar so it really boils down to whether or not you want a disposable or reusable filter from what I've read.

Return to “UK”