Mustang Roush/Shelby

Koen
Name: Koen
Year Of Mustang: 1967

Mustang Roush/Shelby

Postby Koen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi

As I put in in intro I am Belgian and living in Belgium.

I am currently looking at getting my first Mustang and m really interested in a Roush or Shelby. Looking at both new and used cars I found the Roush and Shelby are very expensive in Belgium, so I started to look in France and the UK also. A new Roush for example is around 60K Euro in Belgium to give an idea. A Shelby over 10K more. Used ones almost not possible to find and if there are they are surely overpriced.

When looking at used cars in the UK I found many used cars at very attractive prices and I am curious to see the prices for new vehicles also.

Some questions I got are:
- What would be your idea about buying my Mustang in the UK to have it shipped or bring it to Belgium myself?
- I believe there will be modifications required in order to be able to drive it legally in Belgium?
- Where can I find a list of authorized vendors (if that exists) or which vendors have a good reputation?

Many thanks in advance for your views and advice

Koen

Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Re: Mustang Roush/Shelby

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Koen

Do you belong to any Mustang Clubs in Belgium yet? If not, I might be able to put you in contact with some very friendly guys in your country. I attended "Mustang Passion" this year with a friend on this forum.......this is an event held one year in this country, the next its in Belgium. I'm sure a couple of the guys there would be able to tell you all you need to know about importing a Mustang into Belgium. Are you on Facebook, as I'm in contact with them there :)

Koen

Postby Koen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:Hi Koen

Do you belong to any Mustang Clubs in Belgium yet? If not, I might be able to put you in contact with some very friendly guys in your country. I attended "Mustang Passion" this year with a friend on this forum.......this is an event held one year in this country, the next its in Belgium. I'm sure a couple of the guys there would be able to tell you all you need to know about importing a Mustang into Belgium. Are you on Facebook, as I'm in contact with them there :)

Hello

Thanks for your message. I did not join any Mustang Clubs in Belgium yet but sounds like a good idea.

I just sent you a pm ;)

Koen

Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Postby Twin Turbo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:04 am

I've contacted Alain in Belgium, and told him to expect a message or FB friend request from yourself.

Keep us posted.

We can certainly help with advice on any cars you see for sale in the UK, and hopefully Alain can assist with the importing to Belgium side :)

Mark@stage3
Name: Mark
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby Mark@stage3 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:02 pm

What is the reasoning behind it being a Roush or a Shelby? Is it the performance or is it just the name on the badge on the back? If you're looking for the performance I've built GT's that will out perform a Roush or a Shelby in reverse for significantly less money. Not a knock on either of those names, just always curious as to a persons reasoning behind wanting that specific one.

Mark @ Stage3

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:45 pm

^^What he said.

Koen

Postby Koen » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:53 am

Mark@stage3 wrote:What is the reasoning behind it being a Roush or a Shelby? Is it the performance or is it just the name on the badge on the back? If you're looking for the performance I've built GT's that will out perform a Roush or a Shelby in reverse for significantly less money. Not a knock on either of those names, just always curious as to a persons reasoning behind wanting that specific one.

Mark @ Stage3

The reason is to mainly to get a Mustang that looks different as the one running out of the Ford factory. I am not looking at the badges ;)

Some further research confirms what you mention. For the delta cost between a standard version as opposed to a Roush/Shelby, a lot of modifications are possible

Mark@stage3
Name: Mark
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Postby Mark@stage3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Koen wrote:
Mark@stage3 wrote:What is the reasoning behind it being a Roush or a Shelby? Is it the performance or is it just the name on the badge on the back? If you're looking for the performance I've built GT's that will out perform a Roush or a Shelby in reverse for significantly less money. Not a knock on either of those names, just always curious as to a persons reasoning behind wanting that specific one.

Mark @ Stage3

The reason is to mainly to get a Mustang that looks different as the one running out of the Ford factory. I am not looking at the badges ;)

Some further research confirms what you mention. For the delta cost between a standard version as opposed to a Roush/Shelby, a lot of modifications are possible

That totally makes sense. Being unique is always a good thing!! If you pick one up, let me know and I can sort you out some parts to make sure you leave the Roush's and Shelby's in the dust!!

Mark @ Stage 3

Return to “UK”