Moving Parts (Importing multiple or large goods)

Forum rules
LV51FER
Name: Wayne
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Moving Parts (Importing multiple or large goods)

Postby LV51FER » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Moving Parts is a company run by Steve Borland. His website is

http://www.moving-parts.com

I can perhaps assist as to their role. They import items that US suppliers won't send you or that the carriers refuse due to bulk. Steve advised me that they should be cheaper than a carrier where the item is over about 20 kilos in weight. In addition, if you are buying parts from numerous suppliers (and believe me, most of these places are just fronts for direct supply from the factories), Moving Parts can collect all the parts in one umbrella shipment (often this lets you take advantage of free US shipping) and sends it over in a single lot, saving on shipping the individual items and avoiding many clearance charges.

They may take a little longer because it's air freight, not door to door so you have the choice of collecting from their warehouse near Heathrow or they can send it to you.

Steve will give you a reference number and the address of his warehouse in New York. All you have to do is ask the supplier to endorse this reference number on the order and supply him with dimensions and weight.

I have used Steve for importing a shedload of Mustang parts in 2006 and can endorse the service they provide.

benny.c
Name: Ben
Year Of Mustang: 1971

Re: Moving Parts (Importing multiple or large goods)

Postby benny.c » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 am

+1 for Moving Parts. Great service.

I used them to ship my wheels from a company in the US that wouldn't ship to the UK.

Stang
Name: Avril
Year Of Mustang: 1966

Re: Moving Parts (Importing multiple or large goods)

Postby Stang » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 am

This is the one thing that has scared me off buying from the states is all the shipping & customs that goes with it. This Site looks good. Might have to break out the plastic now and give them a try ;)

Return to “UK”