Mustangfroggys 65 coupe

Periodically featured, a member's pride and joy in glorious photography with detailed review of their ownership experiences.
Forum rules
mustangfroggy
Name: Wayne
Year Of Mustang: 1965

Mustangfroggys 65 coupe

Postby mustangfroggy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm going to do a little build diary on here to show the changes im making to my stang, Im not going crazy just yet, i got the car a couple of months ago, want to sort a few bits out and then use over summer, im thinking of strip, mod and paint after summer.

Heres some before and after pics on some of the parts after me and the wife got busy in the garage!

So after a trip to halfords looking at various cleaners I came across a £10 pot of something looking very similar to what we bought for a quid...

Granted, the parts haven't all come up perfect, but they are 51 years old, so i feel that they are 100% better than they were, this also keeps costs down for me to spend the money elsewhere, and nicer to keep what might be its original factory parts.

Currently working on the rear package tray as its rotten and mouldy, this is current progress...the speakers are a little modern looking i know but im thinking of bringing the car up to modern day standards over time anyway.

Will post more as things happen.

Cheers, Wayne.

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: Mustangfroggys 65 coupe

Postby badhand » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:32 am

Good work Wayne.

Keep us updated.

mustangfroggy

Postby mustangfroggy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Been looking around at various parts and deciding what to buy first!!!

One thing i really wanted was a pair of the kick panels with speaker mounts, but after seeing the price decided against it,...So...decided i'll make my own!

Here's the result:

Needs fitting correctly, its only trial fitted on the last pics.

Just made the passenger side tonight so should get that painted tomorrow, then i think i'll start on the custom centre console!

Re-done the package tray too, and fitted a new stereo but will get pics soon.

Otherwise got a bunch of parts on order from mustang maniacs, CJ pony parts,seatbeltsplus.com and ebay so cant wait for all that-will be plenty to keep me busy!

Welcome any comments, good and bad!

Cheers.

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Yeah. Liking that. Looking forward to more of this one...

mustangfroggy

Postby mustangfroggy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 pm

And here he is...yes I say he...Basically when I bought the car in the UK there were a couple of receipts from the previous owner from ohio, my wife managed to track down the family and we found that Mr Howard sadly passed away in 2011 after owning the car since the late 80's. It was a much loved car with the sounds of things and the family used it for their proms etc and went out to swap meets buying replacement parts, they all loved the car and it was a love that Mr Howard shared with his wife, kids and brother. They are chuffed to bits to hear the car has come to a loving family but sad too that it is no longer in there posession, therefore we have called our lovely stang 'howie', after Mr Howard.
We just love the history and potential stories the car could tell, I loved entering the vin number and finding out the original options and colour, so far after only about 8 weeks of ownership I'm in love with the car, and don't see myself ever being able to sell it, My 4 year old son even told santa that he would like a mustang like daddies! And when I tuck him up in bed he tells me he loves me like a million mustangs!
So, so far, owning a mustang has been awesome to say the least, even after seeing the mess of wires under the dash whilst wiring in a new stereo! Haha!
Here's the car as I bought it, it's a little different already as various parts have been spruced up but i'll post these on my build diary once I start it.

mustangfroggy

Postby mustangfroggy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Above added from the introduction post just to keep everything together.

mustangfroggy

Postby mustangfroggy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Been busy over last couple of days:

Package tray done...Refused to spend the amount being asked on various mustang sites, so stole some vinyl (thanks steve) and got some ply wood and came up with this:

Then fitted the monte carlo bar, took longer than expected due to none of the holes lining up (thats an ebay purchase for ya!):

Its been bugging me already after only doing a couple hundred miles that theres not really anywhere for my phone, wallet and coffee! So, i started looking at the centre consoles available...again, i didnt really like the looks of the ones starting at a couple hundred quid so figured id have a go myself! Heres the work so far as its still work in progress:

-Thanks again to Steve for the Vinyl! Haha!

Cost me for the wood, screws, adhesive, staples, suede fabric, Foam for the arm rest came from the garden furniture!-dont tell the Mrs! Took a good few hours to make but wanted to make sure it was as good as can be. Ive got some chrome trim on order to finish it off and make it match the dash and doors, along with cup holders on route from china. All in at around 40-50 quid, im very happy in comparison to what it would have cost to buy from say TMI.

Also, got a bargain on ebay for a set of LED sequential rear lights, they look great and are so much brighter than standard.

Its all going quite well so far!

badhand
Site Admin

Postby badhand » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Built not bought!

:)

Return to “Member's Mustangs”