Berkshire Meet - July 2017

Post your pics
Twin Turbo
Site Admin
Name: Paul - Admin
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Berkshire Meet - July 2017

Postby Twin Turbo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Good to see everyone today...........and good to see the Boss' new S197 :)

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Re: Berkshire Meet - July 2017

Postby badhand » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks for organising Turbot.

And for bringing the springs. It needs 'em bad!

IanLondon
Name: Ian
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby IanLondon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:40 pm

I am now one week into ownership of my new car. I spec'd it so that it has the black wheels and window trim rather than the chrome ones.

But it came with the chrome 5.0 badges.

I noticed that some of the photos of the cars attending the meet show them with black 5.0 badges. Which look much better imo.

Two questions ............ first does anyone know where I can buy them from and an aprox cost?
Second ........... my tool kit is a hammer, a screwdriver and a kitchen knife. My diy and mechanical skills are at the low level you might assume. So is it likely I could change chrome for black without ruining the paintwork and appearance??

Thanks

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 am

IanLondon wrote:I am now one week into ownership of my new car. I spec'd it so that it has the black wheels and window trim rather than the chrome ones.

But it came with the chrome 5.0 badges.

I noticed that some of the photos of the cars attending the meet show them with black 5.0 badges. Which look much better imo.

Two questions ............ first does anyone know where I can buy them from and an aprox cost?
Second ........... my tool kit is a hammer, a screwdriver and a kitchen knife. My diy and mechanical skills are at the low level you might assume. So is it likely I could change chrome for black without ruining the paintwork and appearance??

Thanks

You can get them loads of places but I think Jason from JWR on here sells them.

Getting badges off is a faff, but you won't need your hammer. Maybe the kitchen knife. But you will need a heat gun and some fishing line. These badges are normally held on with thick black gunky adhesive. Heat the badge to soften and loosen the adhesive then 'saw' off the badge with the fishing line. You'll have to work around the locator pegs that hold it in place before prying it off. Then get rid of the gluey stuff left behind with lighter fluid or WD40.

OR mask off your paintwork (and little dot in the 5.0) and plastidip the badges in place.

Return to “Photos”