How to post pictures

Post your pics
Molehill_Mike
Name: Mike
Year Of Mustang: 2005

How to post pictures

Postby Molehill_Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 8:58 pm

If you want to directly place your own pictures into your posts on MFUK, you will need to host them elsewhere, and link to them.

Unlike other forums who are owned by huge corporate publishing houses, or are funded by membership or sponsorship, we are privately owned and can't afford to fund hosting all of your pics. Sorry.

There are many image hosting sites out there but you could start with Photobucket or Dropbox

Photobucket
Photobucket is a hosting site where you create an account, and upload your files to your profile. Each file that you upload has a set of links beside it. Copy and Paste the IMG link into your post and voila, your picture should appear.

Dropbox
Dropbox is a useful, free, cloud based storage service. With 2GB of space available to use and synchronise across various PCs and devices. The Public folder within Dropbox allows you to right click and "Copy the public link" of each file you place within it. Paste that link into your post, highlight it, and click the Img button at the top of the text entry area.

If you want to place images from other websites use:

IMG button
Copy the URL for the image you wish to share: paste it into your post, highlight it, and click the Img button at the top of your post. It will wrap the img tags around the link and voila!

Above options are fairly straight forward to use. Any questions feel free to ask Admin or a Global Moderator.

cati
Name: Cati
Year Of Mustang: 2015

Re: How to post pictures

Postby cati » Mon May 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Mong,

Does the s197 photo bucket still work, will there be a mustanforumuk account ?

Thanks

Molehill_Mike
Name: Mike
Year Of Mustang: 2005

Postby Molehill_Mike » Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi,

The s197 photobucket for now is still working (we want to keep the existing files). However, we are NOT creating an MFUK upload site.

We feel that this would be something else to monitor, and control. We hope our members understand this and are happy to use a different method.

Regards,

MFUK Admin

badhand
Site Admin
Name: Nick
Year Of Mustang: 1969

Postby badhand » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:13 pm

cati wrote:Does the s197 photo bucket still work, will there be a mustanforumuk account ?

It's nearly full up...

tstevens
Name: Tony
Year Of Mustang: 2006

Postby tstevens » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:58 am

Putting your own pictures on Photobucket is the best approach, I can then post all of my car photos on all of the forums I frequent I actually find it easier to manage :)

OAK
Name: Roy
Year Of Mustang: 2016

Postby OAK » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm not sure that I have posted a picture, I tried via dropbox, but the image doesn't seem to download.
Can you please advise me, I'm not the best at getting these things right I'm afraid. :?: :pray

Return to “Photos”